Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty

Old 04-13-2016, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for experience and opinions on the Maxcare Warranty for wranglers that have been mildly upgraded. I have a 2013 Unlimited with a 2.5" lift, 33s, after market wheels, bumper, and winch. Only mild offroading but hopefully more in the future. Is the warranty worth the money and will the dealer be difficult with coverage due to upgrades? Quoted $2744 for 7 years and 85,000 miles.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The only issue I have had with my slightly modified Jeep with light offroading had to deal with the fuel tank and lines. They did not warranty the defect because there was a dent in my fuel tank skid and they (Chrysler) determined it was the dent that caused my issue.

Basically depending on what the issue you are having warrantied it will determine what they decide. Also what your relationship with the Service Manager will play a big roll.

For me we chose the warranty because of the electronics and ABS module. Both are very big ticket items.

R/
Will
Old 04-13-2016, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jbenmc
Looking for experience and opinions on the Maxcare Warranty for wranglers that have been mildly upgraded. I have a 2013 Unlimited with a 2.5" lift, 33s, after market wheels, bumper, and winch. Only mild offroading but hopefully more in the future. Is the warranty worth the money and will the dealer be difficult with coverage due to upgrades? Quoted $2744 for 7 years and 85,000 miles.
Don't buy any 7 year warranty. Not worth it. They sale lifetime for the same price, if you do buy one, lifetime is the only one to buy. Just have to ask for it, they wont volunteer it. PM me if you need to. Warranties aren't worth it unless you indeed plan to keep your jeep 10+ years. Also don't accept the 1st or 2nd price they offer you. There's a $700 markup on the warranty versus the price the dealer pays Mopar. Offer $50 over cost.

Last edited by AZJeepRubicon; 04-13-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

I bought the jeep new in 2013. So i am dealing with mopar on the extended warranty not a dealer. They contacted me because my factory warranty just expired. They actually did offer a lifetime option for around $4200.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

I bought the jeep new in 2013. So i am dealing with mopar on the extended warranty not a dealer. They contacted me because my factory warranty just expired. They actually did offer a lifetime option for around $4200.
just google Chrysler lifetime warranty. I think you will find a website where you can buy it directly. For something under $3000. I'll see if I can find it.

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/maximum_care.cfm

Last edited by rob_engineer; 04-13-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Maybe I was wrong about the price. Looks like more than $3000 if you do the on line quote.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

You know having a warranty could be good or bad thing. If the jeep is stock the dealership will Honor the warranty with no problems. Once they see mods & a little dent or scratches on the skid plates they say "Sorry not covered" now at this point, you start to think why does jeep have commercials showing what their vehicles can off-road. I'm just saying
Old 04-13-2016, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't confuse factory warranty vs extended service contracts. Dealer can be finicky when it comes to factory warranty claims but wont give you a hard time if its a claim against an extended service contract.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:33 AM
JK Newbie

Sent you a PM. I bought a used 2012 4D 18 months ago and was able to get a lifetime maxcare warranty on it for just over 2K. Since I don't ever plan on selling the jeep it was worth it to me.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

You can go to any jeep dealer and buy the same lifetime maxcare warranty that you are trying to buy through Mopar. They sell them separately, you dont have to be buying a vehicle. They will often let you spread the payments over 12 months, rather than dropping 2k instantly. You can also get $0, $50, and $100 deductibles. The $100 you should be able to get for less than 2400. You should be able to get a better price from a jeep dealer than if you buy from Mopar directly since Mopar won't budge on the price. Dealers will. I paid $3,100 for the $0 deductable lifetime through a dealer after i bought my jeep from different dealer. Dealer cost of the $100 deductible lifetime is around $1,900. Getting it in the low 2,000's is a good price considering they will quote you 2,800.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty