Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flame suit on, need lift opinions..

Old 08-18-2016, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flame suit on, need lift opinions..

OK, so we just got another JK.. This will be a daily driver and will see little to no offroad use.. 09 auto JKU..

Like to order a kit, used RC before and it was too rough.. Dont need a LA kit or anything expensive really..

Been looking at RE and Zone offroad but have no experience with them other than a RE SOA kit for a YJ years ago....

Im upgrading gears to 4.88 to help with the 35" tires..

I know this is more of a "mall crawler" type JK but it is what it is, I want a nice looking Jeep for my daily driver again..
Old 08-18-2016, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I love my Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel. Everything you need for a shockingly smooth road/highway ride plus great flex off road...
Old 08-18-2016, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love my metalcloak 1.5" (sits at 2.25) urban assault kit... Looks great and does what I want. I'm more of a two tracker / explorer type than the mud/rocks (for now)for a pretty complete kit it was pretty inexpensive, and I'd think you could fit 35s
Old 08-19-2016, 07:26 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

RE and Zone are no different the RC. BDS, voodoo, skyjacker, are some others. You can simply tell by the price and the lack of components they offer in the kits they all go about lifting the same cheap way and have their shit built in China. There are a million lift threads on here and every other forum, try doing a little searching. On this forum you are going to get teraflex, metal cloak, and rock krawler pushed at you. Your needs and your budget will dictate what lift you should buy, not someones opinions on a forum.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Housegoat
OK, so we just got another JK.. This will be a daily driver and will see little to no offroad use.. 09 auto JKU..

Like to order a kit, used RC before and it was too rough.. Dont need a LA kit or anything expensive really..

Been looking at RE and Zone offroad but have no experience with them other than a RE SOA kit for a YJ years ago....

Im upgrading gears to 4.88 to help with the 35" tires..

I know this is more of a "mall crawler" type JK but it is what it is, I want a nice looking Jeep for my daily driver again..
You pansy! Get an 8" LA kit with 40's and some Dana 60's! You call yourself a Jeep owner!!!

You were looking to get flamed, right?
Old 08-19-2016, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2.5" RE with the included Bilstein shocks. I added adjustable track bars and the RE geometry correction kit. I have been told it has a rather comfortable ride quality. Very basic kit so don't expect a miracle but I like it.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TacticalTankJKUR
You pansy! Get an 8" LA kit with 40's and some Dana 60's! You call yourself a Jeep owner!!!

You were looking to get flamed, right?
Old 08-19-2016, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smudgeontheglass
I have a 2.5" RE with the included Bilstein shocks. I added adjustable track bars and the RE geometry correction kit. I have been told it has a rather comfortable ride quality. Very basic kit so don't expect a miracle but I like it.
got a pic?
Old 08-19-2016, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Difference in 2.5" teraflex BB or coil lift kit? whats the benefit of the added price diff??
Old 08-19-2016, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
try doing a little searching. On this forum you are going to get teraflex, metal cloak, and rock krawler pushed at you. Your needs and your budget will dictate what lift you should buy, not someones opinions on a forum.
Been reading and working through the endless threads, looking at all the different kits.. If I had any plans to go offroad Id drop a couple grand for a nicer suspension.. I plan to drive this to work ... I love the jeeps, and wish i had the time for an offroad toy but I dont.. SO im looking for a nice setup that functions well for a daily driver and gives me the ability to run a larger tire-35's.. and also not look like the tire is stuffed in the wheel well, I just dont like how some of the 4DR's look really low and full of tire..
Guess I want to just look like I can go anywhere...

Quick Reply: Flame suit on, need lift opinions..