Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Issues with JK After Leveling Kit Install

Old 03-26-2016, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Issues with JK After Leveling Kit Install

Hey everyone, I'm in serious need of help! I just finished installing my Teraflex leveling kit and reattached everything to take it for a drive and my dash lit up like a christmas tree! My ABS and BRAKE lights are on as well as my ESC light. Another issue is my JK won't shift out of first gear.

Has anyone else had this issue after installing a lift or leveling kit? I'm trying to get everything back together by Monday as it is my only vehicle...any help is appreciated!
Old 03-26-2016, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what all did you do when you installed the pucks and links ? Pretty straight forward process.

Last edited by Rebar-7; 03-26-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

I followed the Teraflex leveling kit video that was on YouTube. Disconnected drive shaft and disconnected rear ABS sensors/plugs. After re-installing the sensors don't seem to clip back in very tightly...I'm thinking that could be part of my problem. Literally followed the Teraflex video step by step. It's a '12 JKU Sahara.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 0escape5
I followed the Teraflex leveling kit video that was on YouTube. Disconnected drive shaft and disconnected rear ABS sensors/plugs. After re-installing the sensors don't seem to clip back in very tightly...I'm thinking that could be part of my problem. Literally followed the Teraflex video step by step. It's a '12 JKU Sahara.
yup I'm sure that's what's causing the abs/ esc problem. Check the rears again that the clips aren't broken. Did you clean the area before unplugging them ? Didn't really need to disconnect DS for that install but which end did you disconnect? Not familiar with there video so .
Old 03-26-2016, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

The drive shaft needed to be disconnected to drop the axle without damaging the exhaust system, per the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixC0OzIF5Go It could be the clips...I've read they're easy to break.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

The drive shaft needed to be disconnected to drop the axle without damaging the exhaust system, per the video: YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixC0OzIF5Go It could be the clips...I've read they're easy to break.
yea your issue is definitely with those wheel speed sensors, basically put the jeep in limp mode that's why it won't shift out of gear,
And the abs /esc
Old 03-26-2016, 01:08 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Also check that you got the steering wheel centered.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Also check that you got the steering wheel centered.
This ^^

Ha, i just helped with the same kit today. Centered the wheel but never has ABS problems.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
This ^^

Ha, i just helped with the same kit today. Centered the wheel but never has ABS problems.

I was was able to find the sensors between two different stores. After I put them in and drove down the driveway all the lights went off, even the esc light. This thread definitely helped me fix the problem. Now I can't wait to get the 33's installed Monday!
Old 03-26-2016, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

I was was able to find the sensors between two different stores. After I put them in and drove down the driveway all the lights went off, even the esc light. This thread definitely helped me fix the problem. Now I can't wait to get the 33's installed Monday!

Quick Reply: Help! Issues with JK After Leveling Kit Install