Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metal fenders, which are the best?

Old 02-06-2016, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I have to say these are one of the best looking fenders out there. Do you think there is $1200 worth of Materials/Labor in these fenders or do you think there is too much profit/markup for the Manufacturer and Vendor.

As a Metalsmith I see maybe $400 worth of materials/labor with paint.

I have Barricade and I have to say $349 a set (2) was more than what they were worth. I probably could have made a better set. But you know how it is. When you get off of work you don't want to do more work. I was lazy and now I just deal with them. They are ok I'm happy with them just wish they were cheaper.

Its probably the same for teachers with kids. After they get off work I bet it kills them to help/teach them with homework.... or maybe I'm Just lazy.....lol....
Well, clearly there isn't $1,200 materials & labor, maybe 1/2 that at most, probably more like 1/3 without powder coat. Their templates are well done, they mount up very precisely to the JK fender indentations and line up perfectly with the factory holes. Internal welding is good. My beefs are primarily with the front fender radius not being precise or even what I'd call fully finished. You simply can't see this when you look at them in raw form. The rears are much better than the fronts but still have some issues. I've looked closely at these on a number of JKs over the past five years and never noticed any problems. However, it occured to me all of the ones I'd looked at had been painted, not powder coated. Obviously the paint shops had prepped them and removed the stuff I see after powder coating. I have no real metal fabrication skills or tools, so I'm forced to choose among what's out there on the market. From what I'd seen I assumed Nemesis was going to be the bee's knees. They do look great from a distance. I just expected a bit more attention to detail at that price point. My luck with stuff like this is universlly bad, BTW.

Last edited by SoK66; 02-06-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TJnowsoontobeJK
I've been trying to find out which flares are the overall best.

1) easiest to install.

2) looks.

3) price.

4) strength.

5) require body cutting/trimming. (would like to avoid this)

On my last JK I had Xenon fender flares and I liked the look of them but they warped during shipping and the front one was really warped around the LED light. I know these are minor complaints and the company I ordered them from was very helpful and sent me out new flares. This time around I want something thats more durable.

Personally, I'm looking for narrow or skinny flares. I've been reading multiple threads about each flare. Would like to hear from people/vendors about their flares.

If there is a thread already about this, sorry.
I'm getting the new Ace fenders that look like skinny Bushwackers

https://www.aceengineeringandfab.com...-Set_p_32.html

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Old 02-08-2016, 01:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Its a Toss up

I say its a toss up between Nemesis Odyssey and Metal Cloak Fenders. I honestly I think any metal fender is going to be better than the "PowerWheels" fenders that are Stock.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XRC flares

I'll trade some XRC flares for some stock ones with liners

Quick Reply: Metal fenders, which are the best?