Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My tired old Jeep is getting some attention

Old 02-10-2016, 05:42 AM
N83
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My tired old Jeep is getting some attention

Just bought my '07 back in December. She's got about 118K miles and from the looks of it, has factory shocks, springs, and bushings. Yesterday I had a bunch of goodies show up on my doorstep: AEV 2.5" lift, Teraflex sway bar disconnects, and new sway bar bushings. I'm also getting new wheels and tires but can't afford to buy what I really want. I'm either going to buy some plain-Jane wheels with nice tires or maybe hold out for a few months to see if something nice pops-up here or on Craigslist.

I wasn't sure what all to replace but figured that'll be a great start. I'll double-check tie rod ends and ball joints, but I don't know what else "needs" to be replaced to make the Jeep feel better than new.

Anyway, just thought I'd share and see if anyone else has input. I'm pretty excited!
Old 02-10-2016, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Good deal! Post some pics of before and after!
Old 02-12-2016, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you're excited, welcome to the tribe. I bought my 2007 new, and it's still a daily driver.

Check the VIN at dealer, has it had the recalls ? gas-tank, clock-spring etc.

I changed out the stock shocks last year, you can tell from the soggy ride when they're worn out.

The interior can be revived with a set of decent seat covers. I've had 3 different brands, neoprene covers are fine for a just one year, now have Katzkins that are well worth the extra $.

The rusty looking exhaust can be spray-painted with high-heat black BBQ paint.

Aftermarket bargains and stock take-offs come up for sale on the forums and locally all the time. Type in a word search and have the website send you emails when that part lists for sale. Patience and you'll find what you need.

The soft-top will wear, and plenty come up for sale. I have a 2012 soft-top on the 2007 now.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a whole thread on 35 inch tires on stock rims, look pretty sick on some peoples set up. Welcome to the never ending project lol

Quick Reply: My tired old Jeep is getting some attention