Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone ever ran these? Atomic Axles

Old 02-11-2016, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone ever ran these? Atomic Axles

Just came across these axles. They look and sound like an awesome product. For the price people pay for dynatracs and such these are comparable..

http://www.americanfourwheeler.com/O...Unlimited.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2291665827.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	637389  
Old 02-11-2016, 07:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

People have been asking about these things since probably 2008 or so. I seem to recall seeing some posts about manufacturing and quality issues, and the company going under or something. While you're researching, might as well look at portals also.

Didn't Rusty's run atomics on one of their builds? Anyone remember?

Last edited by nthinuf; 02-11-2016 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting at least. Locking hubs is cool.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Company went belly up

Rusty's did have these axles used on their build on Xtreme 4x4 way back in the day. That build mysteriously disappeared.

The problem with these axles among other things is the front pumpkin isnt offset to the driver side so you have to run a bunch of lift and crazy driveshaft angle pretty much directly under your oil pan for it to work.

If you want axle clearance, portal axles are the way to go. These were more of a gimmick in my opinion.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations
Company went belly up

Rusty's did have these axles used on their build on Xtreme 4x4 way back in the day. That build mysteriously disappeared.

The problem with these axles among other things is the front pumpkin isnt offset to the driver side so you have to run a bunch of lift and crazy driveshaft angle pretty much directly under your oil pan for it to work.

If you want axle clearance, portal axles are the way to go. These were more of a gimmick in my opinion.
Agreed kind of a gimmick, but i do have respect for somewhat one off designs as well. Cool idea at least. Not worth the money though even if they were still around in my eyes.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have respect for a new idea, but I was not a fan of these. Essentially a super expensive mog. Aside from the lift requirements, they offered essentially no warranty, and their first koh their rig limped back to the line broken. Not to mention I find it a tad bit scary that the rig they were showing off with these disappeared completely.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever ran these? Atomic Axles