Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitro Gear Kit nightmare from Just Differentials

Old 12-20-2013, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh and it steers me away from buying their products.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by all4wheels
WOW I am shocked....... The folks at Nitro done screwed up...... The distributor was just falling along with what Nitro is telling them. Too bad sorry your going through all of this. I hope they make good on it for you if not sounds like you have one hell of a lawsuit.
Just to be clear "JT's Just Differentials", and "Nitro Gear" are 2 different companies owned by the same people in the same offices.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

OP I'm sorry this had happened to you, like others said keep all your records of everything and then explain to them you want compensation or else youre taking legal action.

Originally Posted by all4wheels
oh and it steers me away from buying their products.

FWIW I have had Nitro gears in my truck for about a year now and they have been absolutely great, zero issues. I would not be afraid to buy from them because of this issue. In manufacturing products defects are going to happen, this is the first i've read about an issue with Nitro. Personally I would buy their product again despite this veryyyy unfortunate mishap for the OP. I truly hope it gets resolved!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twoxstreem
Just to be clear "JT's Just Differentials", and "Nitro Gear" are 2 different companies owned by the same people in the same offices.
This i did not know..... makes sense why the same responses.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just reviving this old thread because Nitro Gear still pisses me off and I would like to warn everyone about their crappy parts and worse customer service.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what was the final outcome of it all?
Old 12-31-2015, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Looks like he had to pay for it as he is still bitter about it. I would be pissed at the mechanic for installing bolts that only had one or two threads of engagement.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
Looks like he had to pay for it as he is still bitter about it. I would be pissed at the mechanic for installing bolts that only had one or two threads of engagement.
Yep stuck in the middle paid twice. Could of had a Dana 60 for what this BS cost me.

The bolts were not too short I misspoke in my angered state. Nitro Gear supplied 7/16th bolts and ring gear for a factory carrier designed for 1/2" hardware. Nitro instructed the mechanic to install them anyway and then bolts failed.

Expensive lesson learned, I now only deal with companies and distributors that stand behind their products 100%.

Quick Reply: Nitro Gear Kit nightmare from Just Differentials