Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OME lift help on 2 door jk

Old 02-11-2017, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dunejk13
Any one else
I went with the HD springs on my 2 door and they work great .I Have heavy front bumper and skids,had to add 1 inch spacer in front to level it out.Springs are 616 and 618
Old 02-11-2017, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

I have Ace engineering stubby front bumper, rear tire carrire and 35" Duratracs. I went with the HD springs for the 2" OME lift on my 2 door. I couldn't be happier. Ride is better than stock. I also added longer rear sway bar links and moved the orig rear links to the front. Does a better job of leveling out the sway bars to a more stock position.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:45 AM
JK Newbie

I am going to lift my ride too. Which springs do you think are the best? I have heard some good things about Sterling spring manufacturer. I think that I will try them out and tell you more

Last edited by Joftyr; 02-21-2017 at 02:36 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Ones that fit your vehicle which we know absolutely nothing about.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

I installed springs and can't be happier with them ome hd the ride is great
Old 03-23-2017, 10:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Where in Northern VA are you? Just trying to guage, as I'm located in McLean/NW D.C. and I had to ditch my OME springs in favor of RK triple rates and Rancho 9000's to just avoid having to correct the Jeep from swerving into other lanes over bumpy roads!!!!!

It was driving me CRAZY. Any road imperfection or bump/groove would essentially pull my entire Jeep into it, and I had to correct with the steering wheel ALL THE TIME. Ditched the OME springs and Bilstein 5000's and it's been a bit better. The adjustability of the Rancho 9000's is amazing. I set them to 6 on the highway and 2 front/3 rear when around town. The ride has been dramatically softer, my girlfriend enjoys the ride much much more. I can now drive the Jeep without hating life the entire time.

Btw, before anyone blames my 'set up,' it's:
-2.5" Rock Krawler JKU Triple Rate Coils (3.5" on 2 door)
- 4" front and rear Rancho 9000XL's (27.something" extended shocks)
- Crown extended front and rear brake lines
-Extended front and rear sway bar links
-Synergy weld on rear track bar bracket, with stock track bar on 2nd from bottom hole
-Teraflex adjustable monster upper and lower front and rear control arms with Synergy and Metalcloak replacement joints
-Note: Castor at 4.5*
-Note: rear pinion angle within spec
-2" front hockey puck bump stops, 2.5" rear Teraflex push in bump stops
-Rock Krawler front track bar

Last edited by BoraBora; 03-23-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Your talking about bump steer which has nothing to do with coils, it is geometry of the suspension. The shocks may play a small roll but generally your front end track bar and drag link are the issues and the rear track bar. What you have is not an issue, where they are mounted may be.

Quick Reply: OME lift help on 2 door jk