Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering Toyos 285/75...

Old 04-10-2016, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering Toyos 285/75...

Anything I should now? Can't find nothing really negative about them. But want to make sure.

Going on a JKUR Hard Rock, so keeping factory wheels. And doing the 285/75 cause it's the tallest tire I found that sticks close to the fender.

All ready running 1.5 spacers and 2.5 lift.

Any input or pics would be cool if you have them.

Ordering tomorrow morning from Tread Depot
Old 04-10-2016, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Is there a reason you chose the toyo over other available brands? There is no magic 'perfect' tire but bear in mind that the toyo and nitto are usually designed for heavy diesel trucks.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scvette01
Anything I should now? Can't find nothing really negative about them. But want to make sure. Going on a JKUR Hard Rock, so keeping factory wheels. And doing the 285/75 cause it's the tallest tire I found that sticks close to the fender. All ready running 1.5 spacers and 2.5 lift. Any input or pics would be cool if you have them. Ordering tomorrow morning from Tread Depot
What model Toyos? I have the RTs and they are great and have 45K mile warranty
Old 04-10-2016, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

I love them 285/75/17's M/T. I have over 32K miles on them with a lot of off road trips. I have rotated in the spare and they have 10/32 to 11/32 left on them.
I will most likely buy these again but 35's (the 34's were taken off my JK)
off road they work great, on I have no complaints with them on the hiway where I run them at 35-37psi. I'm also running 1.5" spacers.
I air down to 10-12 when rock crawling and 15 for other areas.

The reason I went with this tire was because I had three weeks in a row of tire issues. stock tire. Two having punctured sidewalls, probably just bad luck.

I would recommend the tires but they are heavy.

on the JK 2.5" lift

JKU shortly after I bought the jeep and lifted it, 3.5" lift
Old 04-10-2016, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

The open country AT2 , which I thinking come in"extreme"

As for as picking that brand, unfortunately there are not a lot of options in that size. Plus at $225 each, not to bad.

It's the closest I can get to a 35 without being 12" wide or so.

We had KM2 35x12.5 on last jeep. Great tire , but don't want to go that wide this Jeep

Was looking at KO2 34x10.5, but lots of feed back shows they are almost 32" mounted.
The Toyos, people are seeing about 33" mounted
and on the ground
Old 04-10-2016, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They make the KM2 in 285/75-17 if you like that tire
Old 04-10-2016, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
They make the KM2 in 285/75-17 if you like that tire
I do... But sticking with A/T tire this time, plus that baby is $100 more :(

With using our jeep as a vacation rig, and slight wheeling in Moab.. A/Ts make more sense
Old 04-10-2016, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love mine......Got them from Treaddepot, and i was able to find a good used Nitto Terra Grappler G2 in the same size for 30 bucks to use as a spare. I haven't had them off road yet but they roll smooth and are quiet. I think you'll be happy with them.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grimmjpr
I love mine......Got them from Treaddepot, and i was able to find a good used Nitto Terra Grappler G2 in the same size for 30 bucks to use as a spare. I haven't had them off road yet but they roll smooth and are quiet. I think you'll be happy with them.
Thanks for the pics!
Have you noticed lack of performance over the stock set up? And what lift you running?
Old 04-10-2016, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scvette01
Thanks for the pics!
Have you noticed lack of performance over the stock set up? And what lift you running?
I have the 4.10 gears with the 5 speed auto, i've noticed a small amount of power loss....very small, nothing to be concerned about. No change in average MPGs, and the brakes need to work a bit harder to stop, once again once you're used to it there is no issue. The factory BFGs were about 47 pounds and barely 31 inches tall when i took them off. the Toyos are about 62 pounds and measure 33 inches on the Jeep. I'm running the AEV 2.5 inch lift with control arm relocation brackets also using an AEV Procal. I decided to not run any wheel spacers and i can get it to rub slightly while turning full lock sometimes but not enough to bother me. also they seem to be much much better in the snow then the old BFGs were. i put them on as the heavy snow was ending but was able to drive with them in a small snow storm, i like them much better than the BFGs in snow. With the bigger tires the RPMs dropped about 200ish RPMs on the highway so it doesn't burn through the fuel as much at 75-85 MPH. I headed to Moab from Salt Lake for the Easter Jeep Safari, it was the first long trip i took with the tires and got the best MPG i've ever gotten with this Jeep, 18.7 MPG. HTH. Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Quick Reply: Ordering Toyos 285/75...