Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q winch problem equals quadratec is awesome

Old 02-27-2015, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q winch problem equals quadratec is awesome

So I ordered the Q9000 XRC MOD bumper combo off of the Quadratec website thanks to an awesome deal from Rick on this forum. Got here last night and I opened it like a kid on Christmas only to discover that the winch was clearly used or refurbished. I was super bummed cause I wanted to be the one to mess it up on the trail and have it look brand new at least once. So I got on chat with Quadratec and they said send us some pictures and we will take a look. At this point I'm thinking they will want me to box up this super heavy thing all perfect like it was and send it back then wait on a new one. Checked in this afternoon and explained I really didn't want to go thru with all that if possible. Here is were they get really awesome they said ok sounds fair how about some store credit and you keep that winch, warranty stays the same, and make sure it works when you hook it up just to be safe.

To me this is a crazy amount of customer service in a world where you don't really see that all the time. I'm Quadratec for life now!!
Old 02-27-2015, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

That is awesome customer service. A+ for the folks a Quadratreck. Nice to know info. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will agree in a world where most companies and places treat everyone like crap it is nice to feel taken care of when we spend our money, especially on something we buy for fun and to enjoy. Quadratec has been good to me in the past as well as Northridge and 4 wheel parts. Its nice to see that our Jeep community knows how to take of each other
Old 02-27-2015, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I have ordered from both Quadratec and Northridge4x4. They both provided excellent service! Couldn't be happier!
Old 02-27-2015, 03:01 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Sorry, but I am confused on this one.

You paid for a 'new' winch.
You were sent a used/refurbished winch.
Rather than worrying about re-packing and shipping, they gave you some credit that can only be used in their store.
They know it was a used winch, so they specifically told you to make sure that the thing even works.

You bought a NEW winch. They sent you a USED winch that may, or may not, work. Rather than eating shipping charges on that heavy winch two more times, they gave you some in-store credit.

I fail to see where that is 'awesome customer service'...
Old 02-27-2015, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

So they never confirmed it was used/refurbished it just appeared that way enough for me to question it, and they must have agreed based on the pictures. Also it was a joint agreement that before we get to far into working things out we should make sure it works when hooked up. I guess its awesome to me because most companies would blow you off right from the start, or offer you some small amount of credit that's not even worth it, or leave you hanging for months. In this case it was handled same day with conditions I was happy with.

p.s. I picked store credit over a check cause that's where my money was gonna go anyway
Old 02-27-2015, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Wow I ordered the same exact combo and was shocked when I saw some rust on it, kinda pissed me off thinking I was gonna get a new one but it has worked great so far
Old 02-27-2015, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 5.11 roller duffle and one of the wheels broke. Got a new one delivered and got to keep the old one as well.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Always had good luck with Quadratech...that's why I keep going back
Old 03-02-2015, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Sorry, but I am confused on this one.

You paid for a 'new' winch.
You were sent a used/refurbished winch.
Rather than worrying about re-packing and shipping, they gave you some credit that can only be used in their store.
They know it was a used winch, so they specifically told you to make sure that the thing even works.

You bought a NEW winch. They sent you a USED winch that may, or may not, work. Rather than eating shipping charges on that heavy winch two more times, they gave you some in-store credit.

I fail to see where that is 'awesome customer service'...
I completely agree with this. They took the easy route out and did what would actually save them money and effort. Just hearing your story makes me NOT want to order from quadratec. To me it honestly seems like they tried to unload a refurbished winch on a customer for the price of new and hoping it wouldn't be noticed. Now you are stuck with a used product when you said you wanted new. I don't know man...

Quick Reply: Q winch problem equals quadratec is awesome