Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for anybody with Reid knuckles?

Old 02-14-2016, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for anybody with Reid knuckles?

I was reading through the description on Jeepswag for these knuckles. It says they use the factory tie rod ends. But then in parenthesis it say its not compatible with the factory tie rod. is that the case? Why would they make it to use the factory tie rod ends, but not the factory tie rod? what does the factory tie rod interfere with? And what aftermarket tie rod is everybody using with these knuckles?
Thanks,
Old 02-14-2016, 09:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running them with a synergy tie rod, can't answer why it wouldn't work with stock tie rod.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by KCTW
I was reading through the description on Jeepswag for these knuckles. It says they use the factory tie rod ends. But then in parenthesis it say its not compatible with the factory tie rod. is that the case? Why would they make it to use the factory tie rod ends, but not the factory tie rod? what does the factory tie rod interfere with? And what aftermarket tie rod is everybody using with these knuckles? Thanks,
Odd the drag link wont work because its flipped.

Stock TR here in this pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2243857480.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	357.9 KB
ID:	637674  
Old 02-14-2016, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm using the stock one with my Reid knuckles part of my PR44 set up .... Now a shop installed it so I don't know what modifications he had to do to make it work..... If it wasn't -25 outside I'd go look lol
Old 02-14-2016, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

Maybe it was supposed to say not compatible with factory drag link.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I ran them with Currie Correctlink tie rod ends, tie rod, and draglink. I'm not sure why they wouldn't be compatible. I would call them directly.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its an error in their description. The Reid knuckles will work with a stock tie rod (although I don't understand why anyone will spend $500 on knuckles before replacing the tie rod) but not a stock drag link due to the flip.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running one on mine. I went with the Reid's because that's what I bent on my 30 when it broke. Very nice, much beefier than stock.

People bend tie rods all the time I should probably upgrade since I've got about everything else on the axle. I also think reid brings it further up and out of harm. Underrated in my opinion

Quick Reply: Question for anybody with Reid knuckles?