Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rancho lift question

Old 10-04-2015, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho lift question

I have a 2014 wrangler 2 door polar edition with lod front bumper, smittybilt winch &, DV8 rear bumper. I'm riding on 35" Duratracs. I have Evo skid plates on bottom of jeep. Lastly I have a teraflex leveling kit. Now here is the dilemma. Locally a guy was selling a rancho 2" sport lift for a jku (4 door) with 9000xl shocks & rear synergy springs 2-3" brand new for $400 that I bought. When I emailed rancho to see what the difference between the 2 door kit & 4 door kit he said spring rates & rear puck sizes. He said if I installed with synergy spring I got a good deal & a solid 3" lift that would work. Only question I have going up 3" what else do I need to buy so the lift will work? I'm wondering if I'll need
1. Longer sway bar links front & rear
2. Exhaust spacer
3. Brake line extensions or brackets
4. Rear bump stops
Anything else or any advice would be greatly appreciated. I bought the lift because it was brand new & the shocks alone cost that much.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

The two inch lift up front won't change much, you may need an adjustable track bar to center your front end.

In the rear you will need a track bar bracket, which will center the rear end. Many choices out there.
Brake lines in the rear would be a good ideal.
Up front you may need a brake line relocation bracket.

I had the Rancho 2" on my 2010 and I know exactly why he got the springs, I was so let down with the rear end sagging.
Searched and found the kit was based off a Rubicon with taller and stiffer springs, mine was not a Rubicon.

If it wasn't for the sagging rear I would have really liked the 2", I got a 3" on my 2012 and it requires way more $$$.
As far as steering correction and brake lines front and rear.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to clarify on the bold part. We test fit this on a 4 door Rubicon soft top,a 4 door Sport hard top, and a 2 door soft top.
What we have found is that on almost any JK there might be a different rear spring PN. So if there is rear sag, it often because the 4 door has a lower number like a 56 or so.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Lsot
The two inch lift up front won't change much, you may need an adjustable track bar to center your front end.

In the rear you will need a track bar bracket, which will center the rear end. Many choices out there.
Brake lines in the rear would be a good ideal.
Up front you may need a brake line relocation bracket.

I had the Rancho 2" on my 2010 and I know exactly why he got the springs, I was so let down with the rear end sagging.
Searched and found the kit was based off a Rubicon with taller and stiffer springs, mine was not a Rubicon.

If it wasn't for the sagging rear I would have really liked the 2", I got a 3" on my 2012 and it requires way more $$$.
As far as steering correction and brake lines front and rear.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rancho
Just to clarify on the bold part. We test fit this on a 4 door Rubicon soft top,a 4 door Sport hard top, and a 2 door soft top. What we have found is that on almost any JK there might be a different rear spring PN. So if there is rear sag, it often because the 4 door has a lower number like a 56 or so. Thanks!
I'm not knocking Rancho, my 3" is Rancho.
Although one of my rear control arm bushings blow a corner edge off within a month of installation and 0 wheeling.
What's the process for getting that replaced ???
Old 10-07-2015, 07:02 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

No knock taken.
In regards to the bushing, call our Tech/Customer Service line and talk with them.
734-384-7805
My first thoughts are that it isn't fully "seated"
Next thought is that it may be over torqued or may have been torqued off the ground.
This is just some thoughts.
I tried to take a picture of mine this AM but too dark at that time.
Thanks Matt

Originally Posted by Lsot
I'm not knocking Rancho, my 3" is Rancho.
Although one of my rear control arm bushings blow a corner edge off within a month of installation and 0 wheeling.
What's the process for getting that replaced ???
Old 10-08-2015, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

I have the 2" sport lift also. Have a pretty good sag in the back. Going to swap out the rear springs with the OME 2.5" heavy load springs. Will i need anything additional. Going with the heavy load as have heavy bumper/carrier with 2 gas cans and jack mounted
Old 10-09-2015, 07:24 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

This is a common switch. Keep an eye on your rear axle being centered. You should be a-ok, but may need a track bar or bracket. MAYBE

Originally Posted by sacjku
I have the 2" sport lift also. Have a pretty good sag in the back. Going to swap out the rear springs with the OME 2.5" heavy load springs. Will i need anything additional. Going with the heavy load as have heavy bumper/carrier with 2 gas cans and jack mounted
Old 10-09-2015, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Extended brake lines maybe?
Old 10-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

ISH...

We use the same brake line bracket on our 2" and 3" system.
It is up to you.

Originally Posted by sacjku
Extended brake lines maybe?

Quick Reply: Rancho lift question