Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

re-mods!

Old 08-20-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default re-mods!

As a newby who's build list is longer than my cash flow will provide for, I research all potential mods to death before I spend any money on them. And what I seem to see a lot of, is trial by error. So what mods did you want so badly that you did them twice. Or three or more times in order to get it right?
Old 08-20-2014, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Side bars. Still not exactly the way I envisioned, but they'll have to do. No more money. I started with the Smittybilt 3 bar side armor/step and found out they're made in China (and they don't have a 3rd mounting bracket for the install) so I sold them and bought the ACE rails. Nice, but I had to install Rubicon rails to fill in the space at the pinch seam as they sit kind of low.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of them. Two front bumpers, modified my rear bumper 2 or 3 times, swapped shocks, offroad lights mounted in different locations, fenders off, fenders on, fenders off again, wheels, tires, and spacers on stock wheels and than again when I did 37's...

Some parts were purchased initially just because they were cheap, or were replaced when I changed my entire setup to run bigger rubber. A lot of tend to slap something cheap on and than replace when our wheeling styles change. All part of the game.

Quick Reply: re-mods!