Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Bumpers with Integrated Hitches?

Old 04-06-2014, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Bumpers with Integrated Hitches?

can anyone recommend a rear bumper with an integrated hitch/tire carrier?

I ordered my 2014 without the trailer tow package because i knew i would be ripping off the rear bumper with hopes of finding a good aftermarket rear bumper. Well spring time is sneaking up on me sooner then i thought and its time to start un-winterizing the jetski's

here are my needs:

Rear bumper w/integrated hitch capable of towing 3500lbs
Rear Tire Carrier capable of hold a 35" tire (can be separate but needs the capability)
rear light cutouts (not needed but would be nice)

Any Thoughts or suggestions? i thought this would be easy but ive only ran across two and they say i cant tow with it

TIA
Old 04-06-2014, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a smittybuilt SRC bumper with a tire carrier capable of holding a 37" tire. I tow my jetski with it but thats only about 1,300lbs with the trailer.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

May want to have a look at the LOD or poisonspyder line of bumpers, sure there are others with the specs you want but these came to mind without me doing a search.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 04-06-2014, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The Poison Spyder Rock Brawler II looks nice...almost went this route myself.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:09 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Many rear bumpers are compatible with the factory mopar hitch. You could expand your search to include those as well, and just buy the receiver hitch + wiring harness separately.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks Guys! i really like the LOD bumper and ACE but do you think i have anything to worry about them not being certified to tow? i really dont care if it is/isnt but im more worried about the welds breaking loose, any thoughts with those that have them? I would prefer an integrated hitch to give my that extra clearence when im on the trail. I know its not much but i rather not have anythihing dragging on rocks/trail

Smitty builts ironically are the only one that has the certification but im just not sold on the idea of having a shitty built product on my jeep

TIA
Old 04-07-2014, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI
Thanks Guys! i really like the LOD bumper and ACE but do you think i have anything to worry about them not being certified to tow? i really dont care if it is/isnt but im more worried about the welds breaking loose, any thoughts with those that have them? I would prefer an integrated hitch to give my that extra clearence when im on the trail. I know its not much but i rather not have anythihing dragging on rocks/trail

Smitty builts ironically are the only one that has the certification but im just not sold on the idea of having a shitty built product on my jeep

TIA
I dont see why everyone hates smittybuilt. I had no issues installing mine, the finish is very durable, and I have recovered several vehicles with no issues. Its held on to the frame with 8 grade 8 bolts, and its all 1/4" steel plate. maybe because its not made in the US?
Old 04-07-2014, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most bumpers with integrated hitches aren't rated to tow. I went with the factory hitch and a Warn Elite rear bumper.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same problem, i got an olympic bumper wit tire carrier and a stock trailer hitch
Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the jcr dagger stubby. They rate it for the same specs as the factory hitch. The dagger, has no provisions for a tire carrier. I believe they do have one though.

Quick Reply: Rear Bumpers with Integrated Hitches?