Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Panel protection recommendations

Old 10-22-2014, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker Panel protection recommendations

Hi guys,

I'm leaning towards these, but thought I'd ask the experts (that's you all ) if you had an recommendations for rocker panel protection in case I'm missing anything.

These are for a 2013 JKU Sahara.

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2014, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you planning to do with your jeep? Planning to keep it or trade it in a couple years?
Old 10-22-2014, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JE8154
What are you planning to do with your jeep? Planning to keep it or trade it in a couple years?
I'll probably keep this one for a very long time.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:26 AM
JK Freak

Personally, if I were into that style rocker armor I would go with the Nemesis ones....
Old 10-22-2014, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

If I lived in colorado I wouldn't consider anything that isn't frame mounted weld on. This style of rocker has been known to push into the body if you come down on it hard enough.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JE8154
If I lived in colorado I wouldn't consider anything that isn't frame mounted weld on. This style of rocker has been known to push into the body if you come down on it hard enough.
^^^This guy knows what he's talking about. If it's not frame mounted, you can definitely damage the body dropping on a rock. I've seen some nasty pictures, including guys with the high end products (e.g. Poison Spyder brawlers, etc).

LoD, EVO, and a couple others I can't recall. That's the legit stuff. You can still use the rocker armor if you like the look, but it would be just for looks.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Jedi

I run LoD Rock Sliders that are mounted to the frame. Install was not too bad and they can handle trees and rocks. I recommend them.

PS. I bolted mine own. Some folks weld them on.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I really wanted the lods but didn't have the cash and I needed to replace my smittys so i just got some cheap shit for now. Another vote for frame mounted for true protection
Old 10-22-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys, this is exactly the kind of information I needed. I really appreciate the suggestions. I think I'll go with the LOD sliders.

On another note, it looks like they're all individual orders, so delivery is 3-4 weeks! Guess I'll have to be patient....
Old 10-22-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jdschup
Thanks guys, this is exactly the kind of information I needed. I really appreciate the suggestions. I think I'll go with the LOD sliders.

On another note, it looks like they're all individual orders, so delivery is 3-4 weeks! Guess I'll have to be patient....
check into vks. they offer a bolt on version now of their frame mounted sliders.
http://instagram.com/vksfab

Quick Reply: Rocker Panel protection recommendations