Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Country 2.5" coil lift vs. Rough Country 2.5" BB - Input PLEASE

Old 02-02-2012, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The biggest difference between th RC BB and Terra BB spacer kit's is the RC has aluminum Spacers and use stock bump stops and the Terra has Rubber Spacers and use new bump stops. Pro's and cones to both. I went with the RC kit but haven't installed it yet.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the RC 2.5" shock/coil lift. I switched out the RC 2.2 shocks with bilstein 5100's because the ride quality was terrible! I'm still using RC coils. The ride quality is very poor with RC. I do have and like RC's dual stabilizer set up, and front swaybar disco's.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine on for 3 days and hated it. It was the RC 2.5 BB lift. With the Rubicon springs and shocks it road very rough in the rear and had some rattles when hitting bumps. I ended up buying some 2" rubber coil spacers and installed them. It has a smoother ride and no rattles. I also have everything set up like factory on the suspension, no shock and brake line brackets used. I might add some better components at a later date.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 AM
JK Newbie

I put the RC 2.5 Coil sping kit with 2.2 shocks. It rides rough, so I'm going to replace the shocks probly with some Skyjacker Nitros. It really depends on the vehicle, but replacing the front and rear trac bars is the best way to go. If you want to go the cheap route, just replace the front, and get a trac bar relocation bracket for the back. If you try to be cheap and put a relo bracket on the front, you will throw your steering geometry way off. Make some bump stops out of hockey pucks and you can run 35s. May need to trim some excess metal in the rear fender well, no big, you dont even need it. So in summation, my suggestion is to peacemeal the following parts

Sky jacker Nitro shocks: $180
Sky jacker Springs: $240
JKS Front Trac bar: $190
JKS Rear Trac bar: $163 or rear relocation bracket:$37
Hockey pucks: $10

$783 or $657

all prices are estimates, I am in no way advertising for any of the above said brands, merely providing examples... "Its your Jeep"
Old 06-17-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Take the kit with the traqck bar bracket !!!
Old 06-17-2012, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PATHOOJK
Take the kit with the traqck bar bracket !!!
Thats an idea. Some jeeps will do fine with that setup. But some jeeps will not, alignment will be screwed up, bump steer out the yang, etc. You really don't know what you got till you try it out. And really, might as well replace the front trac bar with a beefier one, and save yourself $80 on a second alignment once you find out you need it. So spend an extra $200, and you defintly wont have to spend and extra $280.

I've seen a lot of kits but none for that price that includes: springs, gas shocks, track bars, and bump stops. Dont get me wrong the kits are good, but any time i've dealt with them I've had to get addtional items.
If anybody has find a be-all, end-all kit that offers anything you could possibly need for a decent price, by all means share your wisdom.

You can also pick up rear sway bar links for around $40, and move the ones on the rear to the front (Money!)

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5" coil lift vs. Rough Country 2.5" BB - Input PLEASE