Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Country 2.5" coil lift vs. Rough Country 2.5" BB - Input PLEASE

Old 01-03-2012, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 2.5" coil lift vs. Rough Country 2.5" BB - Input PLEASE

I've have decided on getting one of these two lifts. I would like to know how members feel about them and which one is the best. My JKU is 2012 sport. I am kinda leaning towards the Budget boost with the series two option. The option comes with a rear track bar bracket, brake line extensions, and new rear sway bar links (I'll move the oem rears to the front). The coil lift only comes with coils and shocks. My shocks are brand new already. I do very little off-roading and only put approx 6-8k miles a year on my vehicle. I have no need for a full flex or expensive lift. Also, I wish I could go higher but it looks like 2.5" on a 2012 is about the highest you want to go before running into problems. The absolutely only other lift I might consider is the Tera-flex budget boost. I cant really see any difference between the tera-flex budget boost vs RC, except RC's have stronger spacers and are way cheaper. Pics if you got em of your whips with these on them.
Thank you!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2.5" BB and am very happy with it. I'll add longer sway links and trackbars as I get the money, but, again, I am really happy with the looks and ride of the BB.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

If your only going for looks I'd say BB. From what I've read spring are always better. With that said I'm a noob.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Normally, I would always be directing people toward a coil lift. However, Rough Country coil lifts are notorious for sagging in a very short amount of time, and between your two options, I'd pick the BB.

However, other than that, I'd still recommend for you to check out some of the other brands for coil lifts. Rock Krawler, Teraflex, Old Man Emu, etc. They will not only flex better (regardless of if you off-road or not), but they will also just ride a lot better in general on road.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just picked up my 2012 Unlimited last Friday so I headed to BURNSVILLE OFFROAD today and talked to Dan McKeag about a Teraflex 2.5 BB or the 2.5 Coil lift. When I told him that I eventually wanted a front bumper with a winch he immediately directed me towards the coil lift. I would trust anything that he tells me, so hopefully that will help in your decision.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Excellent point. Thinking I'm staying stock with the bumpers, so the bb may still be the way.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

With the BB, you can sell it in a day on here with little loss if you decide to go to something else.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Love the RC BB

I love the RC BB 2.5 inch. No issues with handeling. Installed RC discos at the same time. Moab 17s with stock BFGs
Old 01-04-2012, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome guys. That's what I like to hear. Think I'm going to start with the rc bb and get a 1.25 body for a total of 3.75". Then down the road if I want to get something more aggressive ill scrap the bb.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Nate,
Great info. I think ongoing with the rc series 2 bb. It has the track bar bracket and rear sway bar links. It's $179.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5" coil lift vs. Rough Country 2.5" BB - Input PLEASE