Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safaripals Flat Fenders

Old 08-19-2016, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Safaripals Flat Fenders

Anyone have any experience with the Safaripal flat fenders? I am looking to replace my stock fenders which look like crap due to sun fading and to stop the constant rubbing while off-roading. They seem to look exactly like the Bushwacker flares but for $200 less. I can't find any reviews online for them.

If anyone has an opinion on the Bushwacker's, I'd like that as well. Thanks!

Last edited by *Seth*; 08-19-2016 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by *Seth*
Anyone have any experience with the Safaripals flat fenders? I am looking to replace my stock fenders which look like crap due to sun fading and to stop the constant rubbing while off-roading. They seem to look exactly like the Bushwacker flares but for $200 less. I can't find any reviews online for them.

If anyone has an opinion on the Bushwacker's, I'd like that as well. Thanks!
i can chime in on the Bushwacker's. So overall, they've held up very well, I've had them on for three years. That said, the LED lights failed so I replaced them with better ones. I'm also nervous that eventually I'm going to put one into a rock and damage the body of the jeep. If they weren't a gift from my wife, I would replace them with metal fenders or would have just cut the stock fenders.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

sounds like an std. just cut and paint your stockers
Old 08-19-2016, 10:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Monte417
sounds like an std. just cut and paint your stockers
Did you cut your flares? Is there a template or did you just eyeball it?
Old 08-20-2016, 07:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't waste the $500+ on bushwackers, I have had them for a while now and kinda regret getting them a little bit. I have done body damage hitting stuff with them on the trail. Only thing ill say is they do look factory, and are pretty nice overall just not worth the price tag. I am actually considering either getting another set of stockers and cutting them or maybe dropping the money for some tube fenders.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by *Seth*
Did you cut your flares? Is there a template or did you just eyeball it?
There's no template- just eyeball it and go. I used a body saw. Some people use dremels, others use sawzalls.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why would the plastic fenders like the Bushwackers cause body damage when the fenders are hit but the metal tube fenders would not?
Old 08-21-2016, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

The plastic (aside from stock) is fairly rigid yet mounts in a stock fashion. The load is transferred to the sheet metal and tears it up. The metal fenders (quality, metal fenders) will have a way to disperse the load. Somewhere on the internet is a picture of a jeep on its side and he's running genright flares. The flares got a little scuffed but his tub was fine. I don't remember but I think he may have even been on his side on the road or in/ near a ditch.

Read up on your options and think about what you really do. Some people would be better served with a full exocage the way they talk while others are ok with just replacing stock fenders when they peel off.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can you post a pic of them? I looked them up, and what I found looked nothing like Bushwackers. The ones I saw looked like the cheap Smittybilt flat fenders...
Old 08-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Everyone's cut will differ but I chose to leave a lip on mine to make it look more "factory" and less "smittybilt". My friend took the lip off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160629_132039.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	655043

Quick Reply: Safaripals Flat Fenders