Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spyder or smittybuilt rocker body cladding protection

Old 08-30-2014, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for pics and advice on which is better. Spyder or smittybilt rocker body cladding protection.
4-door
Have rock rails already so no next gen

Last edited by jeepjkgrrl; 08-30-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

I would go with PS. It will at least line up correctly the first time. Plus, made in the USA.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Poison Spyder all the way on these- as noted above they fit better and made in the USA.

Feel free to PM me any time for our forum member pricing
Old 08-31-2014, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

You know what I never liked about any type of cladding protection? You drill wholes, then you install parallel plate, then water, dirt, you name it, gets in between and stays there, then before you know it the wholes you drilled start to rust.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the SB cladding and I really can't say anything to bad about them after having them for a couple years , the biggest compliant was the install directions bad , wrong size bolts

Old 09-01-2014, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Poison Spyder Body Armor! Get there Rubber Body Armor Liners so WHEN you get dirt and tiny rocks behind it. It doesn't scratch the $h!t out of your paint.

Doesn't the current Smittybilt armor cladding coming in 3 pieces per side? It looks like a royal pain in the a$$ to install and have it all line up together and look right.

Mike K.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 20JK10
I would go with PS. It will at least line up correctly the first time. Plus, made in the USA.
Made in America wins me every time!
Old 09-02-2014, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smileyz
Poison Spyder Body Armor! Get there Rubber Body Armor Liners so WHEN you get dirt and tiny rocks behind it. It doesn't scratch the $h!t out of your paint.

Doesn't the current Smittybilt armor cladding coming in 3 pieces per side? It looks like a royal pain in the a$$ to install and have it all line up together and look right.

Mike K.
Thank you so much for that part about the padding, I was judt going to plasti-dip them before the install and then spray paint the holes before I installed
Old 09-02-2014, 04:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepjkgrrl
Thank you so much for that part about the padding, I was judt going to plasti-dip them before the install and then spray paint the holes before I installed
Get aluminum, not steel and paint it, not plasti dip. Paint all the holes you drill. Skip the rubber padding, you're about to drill 30 holes in the body of your jeep do you really care if you scratch underneath? Silicone along the top seam.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

What about Or-Fab's ? They even go further, extend under the fenders, where spyders doesnt

Quick Reply: spyder or smittybuilt rocker body cladding protection