Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Those wondering about tire size with no suspension lift

Old 03-17-2017, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those wondering about tire size with no suspension lift

Just got new wheels and tires put on. I bought 18X9.5 black rhino armory wheels and wrapped them in 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires. Here is Texas there are no tire coverage laws or fender laws so I just went ahead and took those off one afternoon after about 10 beers. I did trim the front bumper as I was afraid of clearance there too but I made end caps to cover up the cut out of the left over that i'll be putting on tomorrow. I also want to mention the only "lift" i have is a 1.25" Teraflex body lift, and i did that just because I've had it for over a year and decided it was time to put it on. The wheels have a 4.5" back space and nothing is rubbing so far. I went with 18" wheels because I did the Mopar big break upgrade kit in November and when i put the stock wheels back on the wheel weights rubbed (thats how tight it was in there) so i went bigger. Anyways if anyone has any questions or anything I will help as much as possible as I found finding answers for the questions i had difficult.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170317_160407942_HDR.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	668555   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170317_160351196_HDR.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	668556  
Old 03-20-2017, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

who's fender liners are you running?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ACE engineering inner fronts. They also make a block off plate for the giant gap at the rear of the front tire where the two body pieces meet. I mounted mine with nutserts versus just drilling and through bolting.

Quick Reply: Those wondering about tire size with no suspension lift