Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torq axles

Old 11-05-2015, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torq axles

Looking at axle options, interested in feedback on their JK front axle.

http://www.torqaxle.com/JK-Torq-14-Front-Axle_p_45.html

Anyone running them?
Old 11-06-2015, 03:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In theory, it's a bad ass axle. However, the history of that axle and company is not great.

There's a guy on JKO worth reaching out to before you go down that road. I'll look it up later today and post it here.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe you were referring to this:

Dealings wih torq axle - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Old 11-06-2015, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kbp810
That's the one. I recall that after everything he went through, he ended up getting different axles. There are some other threads on Pirate as well. Apparently the welds on the brackets are garbage and guys were having them shear off. As I recall, part of the problem is they had some guy trigger pulsing the welds and they were garbage. Some of the weld pics posted looked like it was the first time the person picked up a torch. For the price, it was trash.

There are so many great options out there that I wouldn't even consider it. If you really need that type of strength, get a D60 and the Jana76 kit. Waaaaay less money and if you blow up a D70 in the front, it is time for some Rockwells.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's the kind of info I was looking for. I don't need super strength, I have been eyeing the spicer Dana 60s.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:13 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 5110
That's the kind of info I was looking for. I don't need super strength, I have been eyeing the spicer Dana 60s.
Those are nice axles. Lowest cost for new tons and built very strong.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

As invest said, bluewave's thread is worth a read, and the welds were some of the worst I've seen on such a high dollar item. But I do remember Motech saying that torq did right by the whole thing later in the thread, although I do understand why Bluewave was so mad.
The torq 14s are pretty cool, and if you get lucky and they come 100% right, you get an incredible axle. But I don't think they're at all necessary for the average jeeps wheeling.
The Dana 60 with the jantz kit is awesome, and a route you won't regret. If you like the fabricated axle look and you didn't have sticker shock looking at the torq 14 I would go with a spider 609 axle, tons of clearance and absolutely built for the hammers.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

If I had my choice of any setup, I'd build up Spider 9s with hi-9s. Lots of beef and super light. Although, might make sense to run a 10" in the rear. Just don't want a low pinion in the front.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:49 AM
JK Junkie

For the money, the ultimate Dana 60's are the way to go. I've had a couple chances to check them out in person and the construction seems to be top notch. The Dynatrac fanboys were doing everything in their power to find flaws with them, and the only thing they could complain about with the small amount of weld splatter on the tubes.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
If I had my choice of any setup, I'd build up Spider 9s with hi-9s. Lots of beef and super light. Although, might make sense to run a 10" in the rear. Just don't want a low pinion in the front.
isn't gearworks making a hp 10" now?

Quick Reply: Torq axles