Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS issue

Old 08-30-2016, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS issue

The issue I'm having is that my TPMS light flashes for a while then stays on and I am getting a message that says Check TPM System. I have an AEV Procal and did have it set so that the threshold was 20 something pounds, I can't remember exactly where I had it set. The first thing I did was take back any of the settings I had put in with the Procal. That did nothing. I aired the tires back up to 37 psi, and that did nothing. The tires psi don't flash in the dash either like when the air pressure is too low. I am driving a 2014 JKUR with a 3" Mopar lift and 35s.
At this point I'm thinking I might have a bad sensor, but all 4 are still registering a psi in my dash. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any ideas on why it would be doing this?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3909088735.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	404.9 KB
ID:	655715  
Old 08-31-2016, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
The issue I'm having is that my TPMS light flashes for a while then stays on and I am getting a message that says Check TPM System. I have an AEV Procal and did have it set so that the threshold was 20 something pounds, I can't remember exactly where I had it set. The first thing I did was take back any of the settings I had put in with the Procal. That did nothing. I aired the tires back up to 37 psi, and that did nothing. The tires psi don't flash in the dash either like when the air pressure is too low. I am driving a 2014 JKUR with a 3" Mopar lift and 35s.
At this point I'm thinking I might have a bad sensor, but all 4 are still registering a psi in my dash. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any ideas on why it would be doing this?
Hey
So I see this issue often, because I work in a Tire Center when I I'm not Jeepin. it could be a couple if things. 1st there could be a sensor that battery could be dying. Have you ever put fix-a-flat in 1 of your tires? 2nd reseting the ECU for air pressure could of change something with the system. At that point you might have to have the ECU checked far as the TPMS function.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark_CuriousTracie
Hey So I see this issue often, because I work in a Tire Center when I I'm not Jeepin. it could be a couple if things. 1st there could be a sensor that battery could be dying. Have you ever put fix-a-flat in 1 of your tires? 2nd reseting the ECU for air pressure could of change something with the system. At that point you might have to have the ECU checked far as the TPMS function.
No fix a flat. I just made an appointment at the dealership for tomorrow. I'll see what they say about it.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one that shows as -- on my dash. I'm assuming bad sensor but I think I need to take it to Discount vs. the dealer since the wheels/tires are aftermarket.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

No fix a flat. I just made an appointment at the dealership for tomorrow. I'll see what they say about it.
What did the stealership say? Probably wanted to seel you all four sensors
Old 09-01-2016, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, 3 of the 4 sensors don't register so they say they are bad. I don't understand why they are still telling me the psi in each tire if they are bad.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Yep, 3 of the 4 sensors don't register so they say they are bad. I don't understand why they are still telling me the psi in each tire if they are bad.
That what I would call intermittently working. TPMS sensors would still work because that are not completely dead, but kind of gives you a warning that they will be soon with still showing pressure readings. How old is your JK? it also possible that someone could of damaged your sensors :(
Old 09-01-2016, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Never mind I seen it is a 2014 on my phone lol. Did they check the 5th wheel while you were there?
Old 09-02-2016, 03:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark_CuriousTracie
That what I would call intermittently working. TPMS sensors would still work because that are not completely dead, but kind of gives you a warning that they will be soon with still showing pressure readings. How old is your JK? it also possible that someone could of damaged your sensors :(
How could someone damage the sensors?
Old 09-02-2016, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

How could someone damage the sensors?
there are ways that could have gotten something on the sensors or dropped your sensors and damage electronics of sensors when swapping wheels or installing your tires . I just find that weird I worked around tires for about 3 years now and never seen fairly brand new sensors just stop working

Quick Reply: TPMS issue