Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upholstery

Old 12-14-2016, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upholstery

Am wanting re do my seats even water stains them. Are there any suggestions? Being a hunter and a fly fisher I am considering using waxed Duck canvas as the material. Has anyone ever tried this or thought about it.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2016, 12:08 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Are you talking about sewing your own covers out of your material of choice?
Old 12-14-2016, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

No I'm talking about taking to a auto upholstery place and having them redo the seats with waxed canvas (waterproof and stain proof) plus fish hooks won't stick in it.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by flyfishingjk
No I'm talking about taking to a auto upholstery place and having them redo the seats with waxed canvas (waterproof and stain proof) plus fish hooks won't stick in it.
Carhartt Makes really nice camo or what ever color you desire and they use the waxed canvas Ive sat on them they are ruff material but are nice covers.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:08 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

If you end up doing that, would love to see pics.....or better yet, come out to the next DFW meet and greet!
Old 12-15-2016, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Resharp do you know a good upholstery shop around weatherford? For worth shops are wanting an Arm and a leg.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For what I imagine something like what you describe costs I personally would much rather have aftermarket Suspension Seats
Old 12-15-2016, 03:18 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Resharp do you know a good upholstery shop around weatherford? For worth shops are wanting an Arm and a leg.
Sorry, I've never had to find an upholstry shop before. Not surprised that shops are wanting so much though. One of those things that if you can sew, I bet not all that hard to fabricate one...specially disassembling an old cover and using it as a template to cut the new material.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Am wanting re do my seats even water stains them. Are there any suggestions? Being a hunter and a fly fisher I am considering using waxed Duck canvas as the material. Has anyone ever tried this or thought about it.

Thanks
I would recommend looking at Bartrac seat covers as an option. That way you can install them and now be out your jeep while the seats are getting re-worked.

Also check out the Katzkin Leather Seat giveaway. They are giving away a complete leather seat set with installation labor a value of $2000. Follow this link to enter: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/seas...veaway-338913/

R/
Will

Quick Reply: Upholstery