Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird warning light behavior

Old 05-12-2013, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird warning light behavior

Yesterday I was cruising about 40 MPH ,when suddenly the dash lit up like Xmas tree ....ABS ,traction control,the red parking brake icon and the speedometer went down to 0MPH, 15 seconds later it all when away by itself,then 20 min down the road the same thing happened for 5 second and corrected itself.
I did notice the second time around the time clock and the MPG reset themselves.
it never happened again all the way back home .

Anyone out there with the same warning light Paranormal Activity...Please Chime in
Old 05-12-2013, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

I had that happen to me almost exactly a week before my battery died. Picked up a new battery and it hasn't happened since.

Jared
Old 05-12-2013, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jared_Hodges
I had that happen to me almost exactly a week before my battery died. Picked up a new battery and it hasn't happened since.

Jared
Thank you ,Good Starting point.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:27 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Poor grounds
Old 05-12-2013, 06:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having the same issue with my 2012 Rubicon with 20K miles. It happens about 5 - 6 times per week. I have had it to the dealership twice and of course they cannot replicate the issue.

Shouldn't be my battery and I did press all the fuses in since someone reported loose fuses in the fuse box can cause this. I think mine could be related to the electronic sway bar disconnect.

Subscribed.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
I'm having the same issue with my 2012 Rubicon with 20K miles. It happens about 5 - 6 times per week. I have had it to the dealership twice and of course they cannot replicate the issue.

Shouldn't be my battery and I did press all the fuses in since someone reported loose fuses in the fuse box can cause this. I think mine could be related to the electronic sway bar disconnect.

Subscribed.
Why do you say that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-12-2013, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im going to check the battery terminals are clean and make sure everything's tight.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I don't know if this is still an issue with the '12s but my '08 had a similar issue this summer, I'd be driving and the lights, horn, blinkers, wipers, washers, and all the lights on the dash would come on and sometimes the engine would even shut itself off! I finally figured out that whenever I hit a bump, even a minor one, that this would happen... it ended up being the TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module) and it is a dealer only item that had to be reprogrammed when replaced. You should still be under warranty on that but your symptoms sound very similar to what I had, I bet on that! try opening your hood and tapping on the module while somebody is inside watching, mine was so bad that I could tap it and make the wipers go with the key off... I hope this helps!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks

Subscribed.
I have the same issue with my 12 Rubi. Driving down the road and everything seems to reset with the dash lighting everything up and dropping the speedo to 0. It was happening about twice a week but it seems to have gone away for the last few months. I took it to the dealer and they blamed my trailer brake controller as the computer coded a brake issue. Have the dealer look up the codes that register. Curious if others have the same code.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkmadness
Yesterday I was cruising about 40 MPH ,when suddenly the dash lit up like Xmas tree ....ABS ,traction control,the red parking brake icon and the speedometer went down to 0MPH, 15 seconds later it all when away by itself,then 20 min down the road the same thing happened for 5 second and corrected itself.
I did notice the second time around the time clock and the MPG reset themselves.
it never happened again all the way back home .

Anyone out there with the same warning light Paranormal Activity...Please Chime in
I agree with the battery posts. I have had this happen twice on my 07 JK. First time it left me on side of road... not the second as i went straight to the local auto parts for a load test on my battery... 2nd battery i got a yellow top...

Quick Reply: Weird warning light behavior