Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New to me 08 X

Old 01-02-2017, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me 08 X

I posted this in the other forum, realized it belongs here instead...
Hello from St. Louis, Mo.
Just bought my girl friends 2008 JK a month ago. She bought it brand new and used it for a daily driver, and the most it's been off road has been to drive over some dirt in my front yard to pack it down!

56000 miles currently. She sold it for $9000.
At 40k, her ball joints were bad and had them replaced at a local shop. Then, 4 months ago, her tipm went south and she had to buy a new one. She had been talking about selling it for a while, and that was the last straw for her.
It only has the hard top, automatic, and air and cruise. No power locks or windows.
I've bought some JWspeaker headlights( great lights), and a borla axle back exhaust. In another month, I'll do the 2.5 teraflex with shocks lift, and pick up some nicer rubber.
Im a Mopar employee and can get a discount on the stage one kit, but a few shops around here don't want to put it on, they instead want to install a Teraflex.
Id do it myself, but I'm older (59)with a bad back, and hate to think about dealing with the rusty nuts and bolts under there, so I'll pay to have the teraflex installed.
im an old dirt biker, and I look forward to playing in the dirt again soon, even if it is on 4 wheels....
Jabski

Last edited by Jabski; 01-02-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

I'm sure you'll enjoy it
Old 01-02-2017, 06:34 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Damn you stole that one.
Why don't you have a dealer install the Mopar kit.
Have you tired Axleboy? They are down there in your area.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, axle boy didn't want to do the mopar kit,and shot me a price of $1499, for the teraflex kit with fox shocks.
And dealers are so damn high...... it's funny, I see the Jeep crates with the lift kits in them all day long at work,just tempting me!
Old 01-04-2017, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

I agree with Dirtman you stole that for that price. In any case put out the call here and see if a some beer and pizza gets you some help as guys are always wrenching in our community. Good luck.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the forum.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do the lift yourself!
Old 01-05-2017, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

As far as doing it myself, yeah, I am mechanically inclined as I always wrenched on my own dirt bikes and cars.
But I'm 59 1/2 now and have tons of arthritis in my lower back. I just foresee me sitting there on the driveway jacking around with Rusty nuts and bolts and throwing my back out and being out of work for a while. Or in bad pain. I can't do the shit that I love doing anymore, so that's why I wanted to pay somebody. I won't have the funds for another month anyway, so who knows, maybe I'll try it by then .
Old 01-05-2017, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I got a pretty good price on that! Tuesday we were at the license bureau getting the title transfer all taken care of. The girlfriend was with me, and when the license bureau lady looked up the bluebook price, she kind of looked at me and said "you got a pretty good deal"
my girlfriend laughed and said, yeah he did!
What a gal!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jabski
As far as doing it myself, yeah, I am mechanically inclined as I always wrenched on my own dirt bikes and cars.
But I'm 59 1/2 now and have tons of arthritis in my lower back. I just foresee me sitting there on the driveway jacking around with Rusty nuts and bolts and throwing my back out and being out of work for a while. Or in bad pain. I can't do the shit that I love doing anymore, so that's why I wanted to pay somebody. I won't have the funds for another month anyway, so who knows, maybe I'll try it by then .
I feel your pain, well to some degree anyway.........going on 52 here and have my back go out for no reason outside of the need for me to build up my core muscles again. Wound up with some kind of joint pain/issues (think rheumatoid arthritis setting in) almost two years ago in the hands, elbows and shoulders for the most part and had to stop the gyn routine which sucks and still can't go full bore on heavy activity or I pay the price. I think ole folks have been pulling the wool over our eyes with this
"golden year" talk cause I'm thinking they may not be so golden even though I'm not there yet , Lol
Any who I just put a leveling kit on my daughters JK and yes paid the price with some pain but it was worth it plus hey, my chiropractor got to see me again . I plan to put a lift on my JK this coming spring so I say go for it, just find a good chiropractor their worth it.

Quick Reply: New to me 08 X