Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Thank you SFPD

Old 10-17-2014, 07:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thank you SFPD

Just wanted to thank the SFPD officer who put his life on the line today to pull over a Jeep for having wheels that stick out past the fenders a bit while visiting your city. I understand now how that is one of the silent killers of the citizens of San Francisco. I mistakenly thought it was the people changing lanes with no signals, speeding, texting while driving, and running stop signs and red lights that posed the real danger.

thank you again.

/end sarcasm
Old 10-17-2014, 09:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks. I pick my wife up from work there in the tenderloin district all the time and never been bothered. But once i do get pulled over, im going to raise hell!!! Did he give you a fix it ticket?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 10-17-2014, 09:52 PM
JK Freak

Because it is so terribly impossible to be in compliance of local state and federal laws when using public highways, am i right?
Old 10-17-2014, 10:32 PM
JK Super Freak

You want to borrow my 32's for your next trip to the city?
Old 10-18-2014, 01:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wouldn't it be a shame if a stolen vehicle was recovered because it was pulled over for a legitimate violation? Or if a violent criminal with a warrant was picked up because of a simple traffic stop? Or perhaps a kid napping victim was located because of a petty traffic stop? Oh that's right, us cops already know who's driving when we stop a vehicle and we just love to bust people's chops for no good reason.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if some scumbag had JUST stole your jeep and it got recovered from that stop? Yup. We are all assholes. Call a criminal next time you need help.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrod250
Wouldn't it be a shame if a stolen vehicle was recovered because it was pulled over for a legitimate violation? Or if a violent criminal with a warrant was picked up because of a simple traffic stop? Or perhaps a kid napping victim was located because of a petty traffic stop? Oh that's right, us cops already know who's driving when we stop a vehicle and we just love to bust people's chops for no good reason.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if some scumbag had JUST stole your jeep and it got recovered from that stop? Yup. We are all assholes. Call a criminal next time you need help.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jrod250
Wouldn't it be a shame if a stolen vehicle was recovered because it was pulled over for a legitimate violation? Or if a violent criminal with a warrant was picked up because of a simple traffic stop? Or perhaps a kid napping victim was located because of a petty traffic stop? Oh that's right, us cops already know who's driving when we stop a vehicle and we just love to bust people's chops for no good reason. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if some scumbag had JUST stole your jeep and it got recovered from that stop? Yup. We are all assholes. Call a criminal next time you need help.
Roger that brother.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

So the cops should pull over every vehicle for even the most minor thing because there's a chance that the person inside could be the most dangerous person on the planet or have a pile of bodies in the cargo area, interesting. Since they don't, how do they determine which vehicles they let break the law and which ones they don't?
Old 10-18-2014, 05:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKJody
That sucks. I pick my wife up from work there in the tenderloin district all the time and never been bothered. But once i do get pulled over, im going to raise hell!!! Did he give you a fix it ticket?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Yeah just a fix-it, for which I appreciate. I think I am just stressed and needed to vent. The guy drug out the whole process, after I explained that was I just visiting the city and trying to get to the UCSF children's hospital ICU. I just don't see the need to bother me over that BS, when there's certainly more pressing matters. I personally wouldn't care if my jeep got stolen, that's why I have insurance. Besides, I wouldn't mind starting over, and this would allow me to do so without the wife nagging. Lol
Old 10-18-2014, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spinuck
So the cops should pull over every vehicle for even the most minor thing because there's a chance that the person inside could be the most dangerous person on the planet or have a pile of bodies in the cargo area, interesting. Since they don't, how do they determine which vehicles they let break the law and which ones they don't?
When you go fishing, you don't catch every fish in the lake do you And EVERY vehicle I stop, I expect that I am going to be shot, hit or otherwise harmed or killed.

Last edited by jrod250; 10-18-2014 at 06:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Thank you SFPD