Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hauling fishing rods in a JKU mod

Old 06-27-2016, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanjohnston10
Anyone have a rod solution for 2 doors?
Not sure if you are still interested in a rod solution. Cabela's sells these for $130
Click image for larger version

Name:	VAC RAC.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	650819

These are my DIY version for about $30.00 using HF Suction Cup Lifters, PVC Fittings, HF Ball Stretch Cord, Carriage Bolt and 4Wing Knob. Worth the 1-2 hours to make. Also since they are not glued but held together with a carriage bolt going through the middle of the PVC, they can be disassembled and stored easier.

Name:	IMG_5097.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	758.5 KB
ID:	650820
Old 06-28-2016, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spare tire rack

Name:	IMG_0559.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	650930

I picked this up from a machinist down in southern NJ. works great, slides over spare, secures with two LONG bolts. Only issue i have with it is locking my rods/reels. I have thule cross bars so i am thinking about picking up these racks called tac-a-rod. they lock, therefore you can leave the rods/reels on the jeep without concern of theft.

Quick Reply: Hauling fishing rods in a JKU mod