Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built Dana 44's or Dana 60/14 Bolt or Sterlin 10.5

Old 07-15-2016, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up going with Spicer UD60's in 5.38 flavor. I figured if I was going to spend this kinda money I just should get new.

Will be here next week. Stock axles have been pulled and sold and waiting on the 60's to come in.

Also order new Crown Brake lines, recommend parking brake cables, New Atx Slabs 8 lugs, Mopar brake booster/master and next Pro Comp 40's when I sell the 5 lug Slabs on 37's

Now just need to sort out a hydro assist setup and shorten the 1350 driveshafts. Also will have to figure out a new clutch reservoir as the Mopar one has no provision for clutch hose.

Last edited by Extremneon; 07-15-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

New axles delivered today along with 8 lug beadlocks and 40" tires.

Old 07-23-2016, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you done a test Fitment with the slabs? I'd like to see some pics of how close it is.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never mind. Saw the other thread. Thanks for the post.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright..

The ATX Slabs 17x9 in the 8 lug will clear the rear Spicer UD60 with no problem. I will try the front next once I get it bolted up on the Jeep.

They have plenty of room to be honest and probably too much backspace as you can see the brakes are almost completely outside of the drum of the rim. I would guess maybe a half of a inch of clearance with the brakes to the inside drum. I could see how I was told to look at 20" rims just for the fact of keeping mudd or rocks from getting stuck/wedged between the brakes and the rims.

The Evo Coilovers also pretty much bolted right back on the axle in the rear. I might have to trim just a bit off the shock mounts on the inside to help clear the bottom cup, as they are pretty close to rubbing. I also had to use a different spacer I had laying around to take up some of the slack on the bolt as the mount seems to be a tad wider than the Evo Rockstar's I had on the stock axles with the kit. Can take some pictures and see what I am talking about if need be.

I think what people are having problem with are just getting the studs lined up and the powder coating catching on the Slabs.

They actually went right on with not much fuss..

I will take some more pictures of the front once I have time to work on the jeep some more and report back if I find something that doesn't work.

Rear:

Last edited by Extremneon; 07-23-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Built Dana 44's or Dana 60/14 Bolt or Sterlin 10.5