Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2007 JKU X w/ 88660 mikes for $8000

Old 07-19-2016, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stationed in Germany. Found someone selling a 2007 JKU with 88660 miles for $8000. Ran the car fax and came back clean. However it doesn't have any data after 27k miles. I assume it came to Germany soon after that. The individual is PCS'ing to Italy in early August. Wondering what I should look for In the case it has some major issues. He stated the soft top leaks a bit and has removed the carpet because of that. This seems way too good to be true. it is a 6 speed. Please let me know your thoughts.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jenner307
Stationed in Germany. Found someone selling a 2007 JKU with 88660 miles for $8000. Ran the car fax and came back clean. However it doesn't have any data after 27k miles. I assume it came to Germany soon after that. The individual is PCS'ing to Italy in early August. Wondering what I should look for In the case it has some major issues. He stated the soft top leaks a bit and has removed the carpet because of that. This seems way too good to be true. it is a 6 speed. Please let me know your thoughts.
A Carfax only shows what's been reported. I would ensure that it hasn't been totaled, flooded out, stolen 😳
I think your gut instinct is probably right... Too good to be true. Or you're the luckiest SOB on earth!!! ;-)
Old 07-19-2016, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys always sell shit cheap when they leave Germany. It's not too hard to give it a good look over, if everything checks out, jump on it. Worst case scenario you paid 8k for woods beater..
Old 07-20-2016, 08:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Guys always sell shit cheap when they leave Germany. It's not too hard to give it a good look over, if everything checks out, jump on it. Worst case scenario you paid 8k for woods beater..
^^^ This. Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Reminds me of when my Marine son was getting deployed to afghan. Next to the barracks in LEJeune they placed large dumpsters. The whole battalion spent hours throwing away so much good stuff. Their focus was on the deployment. Anything they could not take with them to afghan or did not have time to move to a storage unit was thrown away in the dumpsters. It was a crime to see all the perfectly good stuff get trashed. Desks, chairs, boots, backpacks, cleaning supplies, etc.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a possibility it won't pass German inspections. This was a problem when I lived on Ramstein AFB. The Germans have some weird safety stuff in their inspections. Worse case scenario it won't pass you drive it on base only and have Uncle Sam ship it back after your tour over there. Still a great deal no matter what.

Quick Reply: 2007 JKU X w/ 88660 mikes for $8000