Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Control Arms for OME 4in lift?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control Arms for OME 4in lift?

I'm considering the Old Man Emu 4in lift for my 2011 JKU, but I'm not a fan of the "Castor Corrrection" insert that requires you to grind out the control arm mounts. That said, I'll most likely be getting adjustable control arms to us instead of the castor correctors. Any one tried to run this setup or have any suggestions for control arms? I'm a fan of the Metal Cloak control arms, but the price is a bit much for me, so thinking Teraflex as a "Budget Friendly" purchase.

Just looking for some opinions.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by G_ManNH
I'm considering the Old Man Emu 4in lift for my 2011 JKU, but I'm not a fan of the "Castor Corrrection" insert that requires you to grind out the control arm mounts. That said, I'll most likely be getting adjustable control arms to us instead of the castor correctors. Any one tried to run this setup or have any suggestions for control arms? I'm a fan of the Metal Cloak control arms, but the price is a bit much for me, so thinking Teraflex as a "Budget Friendly" purchase.

Just looking for some opinions.
Hey G_Man. Welcome to the forum. I see you are in NH. Not sure if you are familiar with Elias 4wd Center but we would certainly like to help you out. Elias 4wd is located in Townsend, MA, just shy of the NH border.

As far as the Geo Correction brackets you speak of, I'm not sure that I recall grinding out any control arm mounts. If you are planning on wheeling your JKU then adjustable control arms may be the way to go. We typically try to stock multiple brands of control arms.

Shoot me a pm and let me know what you are looking for, can happily work up a price for you.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:14 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I belive OME uses cam bolts for caster adjustment.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by elias4wd
Hey G_Man. Welcome to the forum. I see you are in NH. Not sure if you are familiar with Elias 4wd Center but we would certainly like to help you out. Elias 4wd is located in Townsend, MA, just shy of the NH border. As far as the Geo Correction brackets you speak of, I'm not sure that I recall grinding out any control arm mounts. If you are planning on wheeling your JKU then adjustable control arms may be the way to go. We typically try to stock multiple brands of control arms. Shoot me a pm and let me know what you are looking for, can happily work up a price for you.
I used Rusty's Off road controls arms with my OME lift. You can get flex or stock type rubber joints. I payed under $250 shipped, think

Quick Reply: Control Arms for OME 4in lift?