Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Things you wish jeep would change

Old 08-28-2016, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Things you wish jeep would change

I love my new jeep this is the 5th jeep I have owned and for the life of me I cant figure out why they can give us some storage all we get is the shallow tray in the rear. The little fish net things on the doors is a joke as is the one in front of the shifter I mean how hard would it be to replace the door net with a little plastic bump out it would also be nice if the center console was a little more user friendly its just a big hole that everything gets all jumbled up in maybe a divider or two or at least some way of keeping cd organized . the dodge Durango I just got rid of had storage out the a$$ hmm I wonder if you can put a Durango body on a jeep frame they could call it the jeepango . hey its Sunday and I'm bored ..............................
Old 08-28-2016, 10:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

The early JK interiors had small bins in the driver and passenger doors. But they were too short to hold a folded road map without folding it on itself. And the center console doesn't have that upper compartment of the later models. And no decent change holder.

I will say my '07 came with a plain panel on front of the stick shift. I replaced with a net one several years ago, and it serves well to hold two items: The power plug for my water bladder on demand pump, and a rather large Swiss army knife.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to be hitting the local pick a part this week for some stuff for my mustang and I'm going to see if I can find some sort of pocket off of another car door to adapt to mine there is really a lot of unused space on the door for a fairly decent pocket of some type or maybe two different type of pockets ill come up with something but it will have to look like it belongs .
Old 08-28-2016, 03:17 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Put a god damn V8 in it!
Old 08-28-2016, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The headlights suck @$$.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Put a god damn V8 in it!
Amen brother!
Old 08-28-2016, 08:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Put a god damn V8 in it!
This ^ AND i wish they would go back to old fashoned relays and fuses and get rid of all the Body control module crap. Only 1 ecu to keep the engine running properly and the rest of the electrical is just good ol relays and fuses with good guage wire none of this thin built right to the limit shit.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changes

A one piece removable hardtop....hence no more water leaks would be good.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

Seats with adjustable lower lumber support. A hand crank is fine, I don't need an air bladder or motor driven lumbar support.... but give me something.

HID headlights would help on the street.

Small wheels on the bottom of the rear seat frame to make getting seat in and out a bit easier when your alone.

Tension adjustment on the soft top. I hate that if I flip the sunrider back with the soft side windows out, the back corners come off of the lip every 10-15 minutes and I constantly have to pull over and re-seat the plastic things into the groove.

Pad the height adjustable seatbelt thing beside your skull! I have cracked my brains on that thing a few times and just about saw stars! Make the cover out of a foam/rubber to absorb some of the cranial impact. Instead, its steel covered with hard plastic that works well at rendering the brain non functional for a period of time.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
... Tension adjustment on the soft top. I hate that if I flip the sunrider back with the soft side windows out, the back corners come off of the lip every 10-15 minutes and I constantly have to pull over and re-seat the plastic things into the groove. ...
If you're writing about the leading edge of the rear windows, a great many folks don't correctly roll those around when installing them, making them pull out easily. The easy thing to say is once you've rolled them around to slip into the groove, roll them one-quarter more turn. It will be a bit difficult, but that's where they belong. Check the thread seams in this image and ensure yours match it ...

Quick Reply: Things you wish jeep would change