Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

New! Soon to be Released 2012-Up JK Bolt-on Air System

Old 06-10-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RRP777
Travis, I'm thinking out of the box on this from your main idea but to avoid the skid plate idea for myself or waiting on one to be made.

Ok, My thought is looking at your whole system in its frame installed on the inside of the swing gate looks like it should fit no problem.

Depending on which way attached with a little modding can be made to fit with current tank or a more flush mount tank would need a new plug welded on. Now I have a aftermarket bumper swing arm which is taking the weight of my spare so the added weight shouldn't be a problem. Seems like it maybe the perfect setup easy to drain open door. air hose could attach to outside of door. I also think it would look good here.

Do you see any flaws in doing this with your setup?

Your idea has got me thinking...I have tuffy's rear enclosure on my 4 Door JK and having everything bundled together attached to the rear door or the interior wall of tuffy's enclosure might work for me. any demensions and approximate weight? I guess heat and vibration would be the downfalls...
Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,

Sorry for the long delay in response, since I had to step out of the office for a few days. Thanks you for the feedback, comments and suggestions on the system. We are very open to this and always looking to improve our system whenever possible.

Originally Posted by RRP777
Travis, I'm thinking out of the box on this from your main idea but to avoid the skid plate idea for myself or waiting on one to be made.

Ok, My thought is looking at your whole system in its frame installed on the inside of the swing gate looks like it should fit no problem.

Depending on which way attached with a little modding can be made to fit with current tank or a more flush mount tank would need a new plug welded on. Now I have a aftermarket bumper swing arm which is taking the weight of my spare so the added weight shouldn't be a problem. Seems like it maybe the perfect setup easy to drain open door. air hose could attach to outside of door. I also think it would look good here.

Do you see any flaws in doing this with your setup?
Yes, this system is all contained to it's main bracket and don't see why this can be done. Would just have to do a wire loom to get the wiring to the system. This would pose a problem for the drain, but welding a bung in would help. We can get you a slightly larger tank that would have the drain on the bottom when side mounted as it would be on the back door. But, this would also take up more cargo room in the back when shut.

Originally Posted by Korsonian
Finally bolted on but not quite wired up yet.. How much do I need to worry about the hoses and heat from the exhaust? I mounted the filter in the recommended location. The whole line runs pretty close to the exhaust. I got most of it under the heat shielding but there are parts that are exposed and maybe 4" away. Same with the air chuck. Ran along with the brake lines to the front bumper. There's a bout a 2' section of the lines that have heat shielding. Did my best to tuck behind and fasten in place.

I little longer length of hose for the filter relocation would have been helpful but otherwise everything looks great so far.
The air line is DOT approved and will hold up to the heat without issues. Just want to make sure to not make direct contact with the exhaust or anything else with excessive heat. The 4" away is no problem at all. We will add another foot to the remote filter air line. Thanks for letting us know.

Originally Posted by Flywrangler
When I first installed this system I got quite a bit of vibration and noise from where the bracket touched a floor pan cross-member (2012 JKUR). To eliminate that I picked up some big rubber washers at the hardware store. They look like fender washers. I put (4) of them between the bracket and the jeep body mounting points to get some isolation and a little gap at the cross member. It went from feeling like one of those vibrating beds to hardly noticeable, and I can barely hear it run if I'm driving down the road. I'd highly recommend everyone pick some of those up before your install.

I'll see if I can post a couple pics of my installation:

Attachment 465201Attachment 465202

In the first pic, you can see my bracket was a little askew, making the compressors contact the tank when I hit some rough road. I reefed on it some and was able to get some clearance, so now it doesn't make contact. It also looks like its close to the muffler, but that's just the point of view. There is enough clearance.

For the air disconnect, I picked up a rubber 7/8" rubber bumper meant for canes (not shown). It slips snuggly on the air disconnect to keep debri and water out. I'll try to take a pic of that, as well as where I mounted my filters, when I get a chance.

With dual compressors, I can go from 15#'s to 35#'s in 1 minute (stock 32" BFG MT)

Regards,
Frank
Frank,

Thanks for the feedback and suggesting the use of the rubber washer, and will be including these in our kits. I think I have sourced some and will get them on their way. For those that have purchased already, please PM, and I can get them sent out to you when they arrive.

Glad to hear you like the system and takes care of filling your tires quickly.

Originally Posted by CGnTtown
I purchased an on board air set up from Jeep Swag several years ago. It came with a 400C compressor and a 2 gallon air tank with all the fittings and everything. I want to mount this system on my 2013. Are you currently offering any discounts or promotions right now? What's the best kit to order and who should I contact to order it? Thanks in advance, Clint.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Clint, unfortunately we don't separate the brackets from the system. They are only sold as a complete kit. An option might be to sell the system you currently have, and then purchase one of our kits. If that is an option for you, just give me (Travis) a call and we can work out the details.

Originally Posted by njbeachrat
Your idea has got me thinking...I have tuffy's rear enclosure on my 4 Door JK and having everything bundled together attached to the rear door or the interior wall of tuffy's enclosure might work for me. any demensions and approximate weight? I guess heat and vibration would be the downfalls...
I will get the dimensions and appx. weight. The shipping weight of the single compressor system is 43 pds. The actual system would be just a hair less without the cardboard. I will measure the system and reply back.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

You think it would be ok to connect the two grounds from both compressors together and run a single ground wire from them to the battery ground?

Old 07-20-2013, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've wired everything up and I can't figure out why the system won't come on. Here's how I have it wired. Could you break it down how I should have it wired if I am going through my Spod. Thanks!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

You think it would be ok to connect the two grounds from both compressors together and run a single ground wire from them to the battery ground?

You can put an eyelet on both ground leads from the compressor, and ground to the frame of the Jeep. You can also run the ground to the battery as well, but the frame ground would be easier.

I've wired everything up and I can't figure out why the system won't come on. Here's how I have it wired. Could you break it down how I should have it wired if I am going through my Spod. Thanks!

There is no diagram shown, but you will want to wire a main power feed from the battery to the relay, which will use the large post on the relay. The other large post will go to your compressors. From your sPod, wire into one side of the pressure switch. The other lead of the pressure switch will go to the small post on the relay. The remaining small post on the relay will go to ground.

Hope this helps, but please call with any questions, and can go over in further detail.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome, thank you!

Quick Reply: New! Soon to be Released 2012-Up JK Bolt-on Air System