ORW JK Automatic Transmission Cooler Kit
Re-Advertising ORW JK Automatic Transmission Cooler Kit
Re-Advertising The ORW JK Automatic Transmission Cooler Kit
WE ALSO HAVE A MODIFICATION THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MOUNT THE TRANSMISSION COOLER WHEN USING THE RIPP SUPERCHARGER
Follow this link for Ripp Mounting Instructions http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/arch...structions.pdf
Version 2.0 of our popular JK Cooler Kit. This version is easier to install and comes preassembled. Rubber mounts included to protect cooler from vibration damage. Kit comes with unique flareless bite type fittings. Optional stainless steel hose available.
We have been working on a JK Automatic trans cooler kit for some time now and we finally got it dialed in!
When the transmission gets too hot a warning light comes on and the motor goes into limp mode (does not go over 50mph and NO overdrive). It scares the hell out of you when you're in the middle of nowhere! Also, at low speed the trans can hunt and not shift proper. After installing this cooler kit, the transmission has worked flawlessly.
1. OEM quality stack plate cooler (used by GM, FORD, Chrysler for trans and power steering coolers on HD models). 11''x11''x1.5'' 96 plate 25,000 BTU/HR, used in off road racing and extreme street applications, made in Mexico By Long Mfg. (NO Warranty for cross threading or cracks at the fitting, caused by improper installation of fittings.)
2. Series 8000 Push-Lite Race aluminum fittings by Fragola, all fitting supplied for complete install, made in USA.
3. Push Loc Race hose by Parker, made in USA
4. No hose clamps required on Fragola Push-Lite Race fittings with hose supplied and factory JK hose.
5. OEM VW rabbit radiator mounts, any cooler this size should be rubber mounted to minimize cracking and fatigue (DO NOT use any other mount, like MB-00-9259-0). Made in Germany, with 6mm Nylock nuts
6. ORW mounting brackets (part# 55723) 1/8'' steel, precision water jet cut, all mounting holes and bent to fit, can be sold separate to be modified to work with other coolers, Made in USA
7. Grade 8 1/4-20Bolts, lock washers, and 1/4-20 Rivet Nuts (drill to 25/64''), parts included with bracket kit Made in Canada, USA, and Taiwan
8. Split loom for covering the hose. Please completely cover lines end to end, makes for a real clean job and protect the hoses from being chafed. Made in USA
9. Oil cooler can be bypassed with FRA496106BL fitting, sold separately. Made in USA
10. Shop tools and supplies needed:
Drill with 25/64'' drill bit, (or 10mm Uni-bit works).
Tool to install 1/4-20'' Rivet Nuts.
1'' ID split loom
2007-2011 3.8L JK's
Our Price: $259.99
Last edited by ORWJK; 08-05-2014 at 01:08 PM.
I need one that will work with RIPP intercooler... Any thoughts on an alternate mounting location?
Gadget & Son
2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited - Red Rock, Khaki Interior
Originally Posted by GadgetPhreak
ORW has a transmission cooler designed to complement the RIPP intercooler. We have installed them in several JK's with great customer satisfaction.
PM/E-mail, or Call for more information. I will send you some pictures and I will see if we have a video on the instalation.
Installed mine last weekend.....
TEXAN by Birth
2008 JKU X Model
Pro Comp 8107 Wheels
Full Traction 3" Ultra SRS
Full Traction CRC LINK
Bilstein 5160 Shocks & Stabilizer
2008 JKU RUBICON
Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor +
37" Goodyear MTR's
Lot's of extras
MY PROJECT JEEP IS A '46 WILLYS
I'd like to see some mounted pictures of the cooler for the ripp system. I am extremely interested!!!
I would also like to see the mounting kit for the RIPP intercooler location.
'12 JKUR CoD #2586
'09 JK Sahara (sold Jun 12)
That's a nice looking cooler kit and some clean installations. Is anyone running this as a stand alone unit without the factory cooler in the A/C condenser. If so is it up to the job, it sure looks large enough to work. I'm going to do this unless someone has tried it and had problems.
We have had several customers install it while completely bypassing the factory cooler. It should provide more than sufficient cooling in almost any climate just on it's own.
If you want to place an order, just shoot me a message and I can set it all up for you!
Originally Posted by OKAJAX