Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

08 Tune up

Old 10-22-2016, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Tune up

I'm wanting to do a tune up on my 08 JK. I'm almost at 100K miles. Any thoughts on what all I should include? Honestly, the only thing I've really ever done is take it in for regular oil changes. I'm not mechanically inclined at all but I want to try and do as much as possible myself. If I take it to a mechanic, any approximations on how much it will run me for a thorough tune up?
Old 10-22-2016, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by birdfish316
I'm wanting to do a tune up on my 08 JK. I'm almost at 100K miles. Any thoughts on what all I should include? Honestly, the only thing I've really ever done is take it in for regular oil changes. I'm not mechanically inclined at all but I want to try and do as much as possible myself. If I take it to a mechanic, any approximations on how much it will run me for a thorough tune up?
If it work fine stick to regular maintenance. As one of my teacher say: if it work don't screw with it.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Your owners manual will tell you what needs to be done when, but usually at 100 k miles you will need to replace plugs, wires, check your air filter and a pcv valve is a good idea. All can be done for less than $100. If you need to pay someone figure double that. You will need a socket set with some longer extensions, 3/8 drive is fine. Youtube offers videos on most topics if you need guidance.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Coolant also needs servicing soon so you may as well add it to your list.

While not mentioned directly in the manual, I took the opportunity to flush the old brake fluid out and replace it. Same deal with the power steering fluid, albeit not nearly as much fluid was removed and replaced as I had hoped.

Quick Reply: 08 Tune up