Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NO Heat

Old 10-23-2016, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO Heat

2012 JKU I turned on the for the first time this year and it blew cool air in all settings both sides. I had the heater core replaced a year ago due the casting debris clogging it. If I idled it became slightly warm. I back flushed the heater core and blew it out with air. No debris was noted, now I refilled it with some antifreeze and now hot as can be. I am planning on flushing the entire system but has anyone had this issue. My engine temp appears to 20 degrees cooler to 180. No overheating issues at all and I towed 2 jet skis to Florida and had no issues. That was a straight 1100 mile drive no stopping. Is there something I'm missing? Any suggestions?
Old 10-23-2016, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mglad1
2012 JKU I turned on the for the first time this year and it blew cool air in all settings both sides. I had the heater core replaced a year ago due the casting debris clogging it. If I idled it became slightly warm. I back flushed the heater core and blew it out with air. No debris was noted, now I refilled it with some antifreeze and now hot as can be. I am planning on flushing the entire system but has anyone had this issue. My engine temp appears to 20 degrees cooler to 180. No overheating issues at all and I towed 2 jet skis to Florida and had no issues. That was a straight 1100 mile drive no stopping. Is there something I'm missing? Any suggestions?
sound like it was not vacuum filled and has air trapped

Quick Reply: NO Heat