Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 Half Door Upper Options

Old 11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Half Door Upper Options

Anyone know if the half door uppers are going to be offered in the new premium material?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2012, 03:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by power play
Anyone know if the half door uppers are going to be offered in the new premium material?

Thanks
You intrigue me, what is this new premium material you speak of? An interior material?

From what I know (and I may be wrong!) there is only one upper available, period. No color options at all.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

premium material ? hmmm what is that ? yeah their is only one upper made that i know of.. their was a aftermarket company thinking about making a glass sliding upper but they said their are not enough people with half doors to make it worth while.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jiblet
You intrigue me, what is this new premium material you speak of? An interior material?

From what I know (and I may be wrong!) there is only one upper available, period. No color options at all.
The new 2013 soft tops are available in the standard black diamond vinyl or the new premium black canvas. The current half door uppers are the standard black diamond vinyl which matches the 07 through 12 soft tops. Looking to see if jeep is going to offer the uppers in the new premium black canvas.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Super Freak

From what I've read no. If you order half doors, you can't order the premium top, so that implies to me the upper halves will not be made in the new premium material.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
From what I've read no. If you order half doors, you can't order the premium top, so that implies to me the upper halves will not be made in the new premium material.
Thanks Jeff. My 09 was flooded during Sandy. Kept the half doors as the fulls were on the jeep at the time. My new 2013 has the premium. My need to trade it for a 2013 standard soft top as the material won't match.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by power play
The new 2013 soft tops are available in the standard black diamond vinyl or the new premium black canvas. The current half door uppers are the standard black diamond vinyl which matches the 07 through 12 soft tops. Looking to see if jeep is going to offer the uppers in the new premium black canvas.
I have the same issue. I have a 2014 with the premium top and I ordered the half doors when I ordered the Jeep as Summer doors. Now after they painted the new doors I find out they came with the diamond vinyl. Does anyone know if Mopar offers premium black canvas uppers?
Old 04-18-2014, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by michaelt
I have the same issue. I have a 2014 with the premium top and I ordered the half doors when I ordered the Jeep as Summer doors. Now after they painted the new doors I find out they came with the diamond vinyl. Does anyone know if Mopar offers premium black canvas uppers?
No they don't, because you can't order half doors with premium top, so thus they don't see any need for them.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder if the aftermarket will catch up and provide soft doors that match the premium top, as well as half door uppers. Would be nice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: 2013 Half Door Upper Options