Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Battery disconnect

Old 12-07-2016, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery disconnect

Just curious since I put in new jw speaker fog lights and I had to splice the cables to be able to do this so I took off the negative battery terminal to make sure I did not shock myself during this process. But it occurred to me that possibly the computer was reset to stock. I had to go to the dealer to get my tires switched in the computer do you think this was wiped out or do you have to do some process to make sure the computer memory is swiped.

My jeeps compass still worked after the battery disconnect but the ellasped time reset and the mpg was different then it was. And typical stuff like the clock was off.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:28 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Disconnecting the battery should not reset those types of settings back to stock once they've been changed. Did the dealer charge you to change that tire setting?

Quick Reply: Battery disconnect