Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Brake pedal rattle/shake

Old 07-21-2014, 09:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
is your brake fluid properly topped off? for it to rattle there must be space in the system making the brake pedal "loose" instead of rising all the way to its max position when not depressed, at least by the universal laws of common sense and logic!
incorrect. My pedal has a rattle in it too. Has nothing to do with fluid level. No air in the system. It's a poorly positioned stop from the factory. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can however adhere a rubber bumper to the stop that will reduce the rattle.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ooo, then all you need is a properly mounted bump stop to catch the top of the brake pedal arm right where it starts to come up too far, easy fix, just gorilla glue it under the steering column!
Old 07-23-2014, 06:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
ooo, then all you need is a properly mounted bump stop to catch the top of the brake pedal arm right where it starts to come up too far, easy fix, just gorilla glue it under the steering column!
perfect. I'll check that when I return to the states.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone come up with a solution?
This brake pedal rattle is annoying..
Old 06-28-2015, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

This rattle drove me nuts, I thought something was loose under the front end. Here's an easy fix for 6 speed drivers. Put a rubber band around it and the clutch peddle. No more rattle!
Old 12-15-2015, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Does anyone have pics of this? This is driving me to drink sounds like the jeep is falling apart
Old 06-16-2022, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Smile God bless you!

Originally Posted by olyelr
OK, this has finally drove me to drinking. Every time I drive over just the right size bump, pothole, crack, possum or any other irregularity in the road my brake pedal rattles so much it sounds like it is going to fall off. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone come up with a fix?

So far my temporary fix has been to lift up on the bottom of the brake pedal while driving over bumps. While this does successfully completely prevent the rattle/shaking from occurring, I really don't care for driving with my foot UNDER the brake peddle. I have been dreaming about installing some type of heavy duty spring which would pull up on the pedal and hold tension on it.

I do plan on crawling under there in attempt to try to decipher why this is happening, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Anyone else have/had this issue and came up with a good fix?
***I googled this issue half-embarrassed that I was losing my mind! Love this forum!

Quick Reply: Brake pedal rattle/shake