Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Crash Test - Wrangler gets 5 STARS

Old 12-21-2006, 11:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crash Test - Wrangler gets 5 STARS

The National Highway and Transportation Safety Association recently released its results for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited frontal crash ratings. The results are impressive - 5 star safety for both the driver and passenger.

The recently released data also shows that neither the 2-wheel drive nor the 4-wheel drive models have an high risk of rollover. The 2-wheel drive model has a 19% chance of a rollover in a single vehicle crash (earning a 4-star rating) and the 4-wheel drive model has at 27% chance (earning a 3-star rating).

It is important to note that both the 2-wheel drive model and the 4-wheel drive model are equipped with Electronic Stability Control (ESC). If you follow general automotive news, you'll have recently read about the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety's recent push to get ESC into more vehicles sooner. They're lobbying lawmakers to speed implementation of a federal rule to require ESC on all new vehicles.

LINK: http://www.safercar.gov/NCAP/Cars/4060.html
Old 12-22-2006, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why does the 4WD model have a higher chance of rollover? Isn't the center of gravity lowered in the 4WD by having more mass at the level of the axles? Confusing (maybe just to me!)

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 PM
NotoriousSEG

why has no one conducted a side crash test? i have two little kids and that information would be valuable to me.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:49 PM
JK Freak

good question -

nobody has done side impacts tests, yet...
Old 07-13-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Side impact testing would be nice, but something tells me that it will not be as nearly as good as the front....remove-able doors likely do not have the side impact beams that most modern cars have to get the decent side impact ratings.

I promptly took my stickers off the roof and visors, but I vaguely remember the sticker above the driver on the Freedom Top even noting that the top and the doors were not meant to...something about protection...

Never have seen a 2wd....how is the front suspension set up....maybe not being a solid axle like the 4wd, it can offer some additional roll mitigation leading to its better rating for roll over in an accident.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Former Vendor

The 2-door tests were virtually the same: http://www.safercar.gov/Cars/4059.html
Old 07-13-2007, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

2 things

1) have you ever seen the extra "beams" they put in the door? what a joke ..just a stamped piece of sheet metal....

2) does 5 stars mean anything? Is it kinda like a 5 star dealer? Seems like I haven't seen a 4 star dealer...and seems like all the cars are touting " 5 star crash test"
Old 07-13-2007, 06:06 AM
JK Junkie

oh.... the government did a side impact test... but they are covering it up because of the poor results... kinda like how they cover up the fact they put mind control dissolvants in the water to keep most people in check...

be careful of this government... they will get you...

oh no... i have said too much... if i do not post on this forum soon, i have hidden a video tape in my sock drawer that provides evidence of governement conspiracies.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:07 AM
JK Junkie

j/k... but i dare say they have not done a side test b/c it will most likely be very dissuasive to family owner purchases (the point of the 4 door wrangler)
Old 07-13-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the video!

Quick Reply: Crash Test - Wrangler gets 5 STARS