Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front end shakes rapidly

Old 01-20-2017, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end shakes rapidly

Hello everybody,
I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport with only 52k miles. Last January my engine light came on. When I went to the dealer they told me it was a cylinder 2 misfire so they replaced my cylinder head. After it was replaced i noticed my performance was lacking slightly but didn't think anything of it and just thought it was just breaking in the new part.

Fast forward to September and I accelerated from a stop. My Jeep began to buck like I was slamming the breaks rapidly. The engine light came on so I looked at the code. It was Cam/Crankshaft position sensor, bank 2. I bought a Mopar sensor from the dealer and installed it the same week, no big deal.

Come November, couldn't pass vehicle inspection. Dealer replaced one of my o2 sensors and it passed thankfully. They also calibrated the sensor to make sure it was working properly and it was. A week later I was on a road trip and the engine light came back on with the same CPS code. Brought it to another dealer since I was on the trip and they replaced my camshaft, gaskets and also phasers.

Got my Jeep back and on cold starts the Jeep's front end will shake rapidly when I break for the first time and come to a complete stop. Once of the times the engine light came on so, of course, back to the dealer I went. They replaced the same cylinder head again because it was "dragging". Just got it back and this morning it shook rapidly again. Not sure what is going on and I leave my Jeep running a good 5-10 minutes before I drive it.

So, I have been in and out of dealerships this past year with this issue and they don't seem to know what is wrong. I have another appointment in the next few days and was wondering what you guys think maybe the issue.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

I have a 2012 2dr sport. The electronics on these things are not good. The dealer I bought it from was useless, so I drive 20 miles to go to a small dealership. They do their best with it, but it is an inferior product. I purchased a 1994 2dr XJ Cherokee to replace it. That is how bad I dislike it.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

I don't know what your plans are, but I think you are a great candidate for the lemon law. Each state is different, so I don't know how many times in a year for the problem to qualify for lemon law.

Quick Reply: Front end shakes rapidly