Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need to prop up cell phone on 2011+ upper dash panel

Old 09-25-2014, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to prop up cell phone on 2011+ upper dash panel

So I'm looking for a place to put my iPhone 6 Plus, which is huge, and decided I want to position it landscape in the rear of the upper dash tray insert. It works well except that the dash is a little too depend it's hard to see/access the bottom of the phone when it's in there leaning up against the back of the insert. Has anyone seen any insert for that insert that creates a little shelf for things like a cell phone? Has anyone done anything like this if there isn't a solution that's sold? I'm thinking if I put two small objects in there (hard foam perhaps) the phone can rest on those and it will raise it a bit.

Just wondering if anyone has seen or done anything like this. I've seen the Daystar upper dash for the 2010 and priors and saw the one of the 2011+ with the mounting ball but would prefer to just have the phone sit in the shelf. Holders are too big/bulky, especially when not in use.

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2014, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I had my note 2. I had a cell phone holder than inserted into the CD player and had a magnetic pad. The kit also came with a thin metal plate that goes into your phones case. So id hop in my jeep slap my phone on the pad and it rode fine. Since the phone wasn't clamped in it makes it super easy to rotate vertical or
Landscape which is great for using as navigation. Look for infiniApps slyde cd slot phone holder on Amazon. It's a great product.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Look up the Daystar JK dash insert amd cradle.
Insert # KJ71047BK

Hope that helps.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is what I use. It bolts in using the stock bolt and has 2 ram mounts. Very flexible design for changing requirements. I use 2 ram extensions with it and it puts my phone in front of the dash.

Store Home - JK Dual Mount Assembly
Old 10-01-2014, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ram Mount. And or JKE Dock.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
This is what I use. It bolts in using the stock bolt and has 2 ram mounts. Very flexible design for changing requirements. I use 2 ram extensions with it and it puts my phone in front of the dash.

That thing is pretty nice. I'm going with just a suction cup ram x mount for now. I really want an insert for that back part of the rubber dash compartment. Similar to the 2007-2010 daystar mount. But oh well. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Rokform case and mount. Been using for years. Awesome.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

I use the Ram mount twist lock suction cup with the x-grip cradle. Works great.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14Sport

Thanks for that! RAM mounts are the best, but finding the insert that can reuse the OEM screw has been a long search. Ordered today...
Old 11-29-2014, 12:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dustdriver
Thanks for that! RAM mounts are the best, but finding the insert that can reuse the OEM screw has been a long search. Ordered today...
Glad I could help.

Quick Reply: Need to prop up cell phone on 2011+ upper dash panel