Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Power Door Lock Not Working

Old 06-01-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Door Lock Not Working

I am starting to have problems with the front passenger power door lock. Sometime when locking or unlocking the doors, either using the wireless key or the power door lock switch when exiting. The front passenger door stays either locked or unlock, depending on what your trying to do. Has anyone had a problem with the power door lock not working on just one door. And could anyone please point me in the right direction for fixing this myself, thanks.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Have you inspected/cleaned the pins in the door connector plug?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The actual connector could be partially pulled out. I would inspect as suggested above.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Have you inspected/cleaned the pins in the door connector plug?
Are you referring to the cable that comes from the door and goes over to the Jeep body, the plug that would be disconnected when removing the door ? If so, no have not checked that yet. Do you think if that was the issue, and using the power door switch even on the same door would still have a negative effect.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by wmcvey
Are you referring to the cable that comes from the door and goes over to the Jeep body, the plug that would be disconnected when removing the door ? If so, no have not checked that yet. Do you think if that was the issue, and using the power door switch even on the same door would still have a negative effect.
That's the one, and yes, it could have a negative effect in all modes.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK I removed that plug and even though it looked fine, I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and reinstalled it. Still have the same issue, that front passenger door lock will only work manually. I only see two screws to remove the door covering, is that it. Once I get the covering off, what should I be looking for. I really would like to fix this myself, I am out of warranty. Thanks,
Old 06-03-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wmcvey
OK I removed that plug and even though it looked fine, I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and reinstalled it. Still have the same issue, that front passenger door lock will only work manually. I only see two screws to remove the door covering, is that it. Once I get the covering off, what should I be looking for. I really would like to fix this myself, I am out of warranty. Thanks,
Has anyone had this problem with the power door lock not working on a door. Now it does work sometimes, maybe 25% of the time. I am going to take the door cover off this weekend and have a look inside. But any help would be great.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump - Anyone ?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah your actuator has gone bad. Take it to the dealer let them look at it, order part, 15min. install once it comes in. Not worth the hassle or time to try and do it yourself. Ask me how I know
Old 08-11-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jason0341
Yeah your actuator has gone bad. Take it to the dealer let them look at it, order part, 15min. install once it comes in. Not worth the hassle or time to try and do it yourself. Ask me how I know
You were right, it was the actuator. Had the dealership install a new one. The part was $97.40 and $95. labor But at least it's working now.

Quick Reply: Power Door Lock Not Working