Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

so what did i destroy

Old 02-28-2015, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so what did i destroy

so my battery died last night and during the replacement in the dark i destroyed the thing that sits in front of the battery. i think it may be something to do with the emissions but not sure. it has a few hoses and a pair of wires. so im too incompetent with the phone for any pictures. any ideas?
Old 02-28-2015, 04:59 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by themoneyshot
so my battery died last night and during the replacement in the dark i destroyed the thing that sits in front of the battery. i think it may be something to do with the emissions but not sure. it has a few hoses and a pair of wires. so im too incompetent with the phone for any pictures. any ideas?
Sounds like your Evap Solenoid. did you destroy it, or just the mount? The mounting tab isn't the strongest, as long as the solenoid isn't cracked, and it's fittings are in place you will be fine. If it is broken, you'll have a visit to the dealer, or if your lucky a pick-n-pull. You can also expect a MIL and code to be thrown if it's broken.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks. i went and checked this morning in the daylight and think the hoses and wires are in tact i just broke the mounting clips on the canister. some glue or a wire tie should fix that. i guess ill wait to see if the mil lights pops.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I hold mine in with a zip tie
Old 02-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I hold mine in with a zip tie
I've done that too!
Old 02-28-2015, 02:26 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yeah, it's part of the Evap system.

I haven't broken it off yet, but I have had a freaking squirrel chew those wires off four times now (as well as the battery cables, the clamps, the side of the fuse box and even into the battery itself).
Old 03-01-2015, 02:45 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Yeah, it's part of the Evap system.

I haven't broken it off yet, but I have had a freaking squirrel chew those wires off four times now (as well as the battery cables, the clamps, the side of the fuse box and even into the battery itself).
Let me take a wild guess whether someone in your neighborhood is feeding the tree rats peanuts in the shell That sounds like the infestation problem we have on our street. Yah 12 on 1 hydro pole sounds normal They chewed the propane line on my travel trailer. Too bad no one was walking by with a smoke at the time. One less rat + one new trailer
Old 03-01-2015, 03:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by themoneyshot

Gotta ask... if you're too incompetent with the phone for pics, how did you get the battery replaced? LOL

Mark
Old 03-01-2015, 03:15 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by orangecrush03
Gotta ask... if you're too incompetent with the phone for pics, how did you get the battery replaced? LOL

Mark
Not everyone lives the social media lifestyle and has never had the need to send a pic before. When a lot of us went to high school there might have been ONE computer in the school in a room the size of your house. It used punch cards...google it kids..
OP used an inappropriate word 'incompetent' for never sending a pic before. Bet he's changed out a sh.t load of batteries in the past.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Not everyone lives the social media lifestyle and has never had the need to send a pic before. When a lot of us went to high school there might have been ONE computer in the school in a room the size of your house. It used punch cards...google it kids..
OP used an inappropriate word 'incompetent' for never sending a pic before. Bet he's changed out a sh.t load of batteries in the past.

Two things....

1) I'll be 53 this year so you're preaching to the choir about not using computers as a kid.

2) Second, the OP used "incompetent", I was just quoting him.

3) (I know, I said two things) I was just messing with him. Just seemed funny to me that he could change out a battery but not send a pic on the phone. My 76 year old mother sends pics from her iPhone all day long...LOL.

Anyway, no insult meant, I was just fooling around!

Mark

Quick Reply: so what did i destroy