Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock 2015 Wheels/tires on my 2011 JKU Sahara

Old 12-17-2014, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock 2015 Wheels/tires on my 2011 JKU Sahara

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forums but I have always loved Jeep Wranglers and in fact I just bought my second one, a 2011 JKU Sahara. I recently bought some wheels and tires that came off a 2015 JKU Sahara. The posting didn't mention anything about the tires having TPMS sensors but two days after I installed the wheels on my 2011 I got an amber tire light on my dash. My assumption is that the tires do in fact have the sensors and the computer picked up something? With that I have two questions.

1. Will tires/wheels from a 2015 work with my 2011 JKU?

2. What code(s) do I need to ask the dealer to enable?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Aberdo
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums but I have always loved Jeep Wranglers and in fact I just bought my second one, a 2011 JKU Sahara. I recently bought some wheels and tires that came off a 2015 JKU Sahara. The posting didn't mention anything about the tires having TPMS sensors but two days after I installed the wheels on my 2011 I got an amber tire light on my dash. My assumption is that the tires do in fact have the sensors and the computer picked up something? With that I have two questions. 1. Will tires/wheels from a 2015 work with my 2011 JKU? 2. What code(s) do I need to ask the dealer to enable? Thanks in advance!
1. No the tpms sensors will not work. They changed the tpms sensors in 2012 (I believe? Someone help me out on the year) The tires and wheels are perfectly safe to run though without the tpms

2. Rather than go to the dealer, you can disable that light using a ProCal and adjust for future tire sizes as well, if you plan to go bigger.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

This sounds stupid, but just ignore the light. I have snow wheels on a Subie with TPMS and didn't put the sensors in the wheels since they are $75 each. (Indeed the Jeep dealer isn't the only shafter.) It takes a couple days, but you just forget about it. Cheapest solution.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EricBikeCO
This sounds stupid, but just ignore the light. I have snow wheels on a Subie with TPMS and didn't put the sensors in the wheels since they are $75 each. (Indeed the Jeep dealer isn't the only shafter.) It takes a couple days, but you just forget about it. Cheapest solution.
I agree with Eric. My tpms goes off every time I start up bc I don't have them in my 35s. Just turn the radio up a bit!
Old 12-18-2014, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone! In light of the compatibility piece I'll just opt for turning up the volume. Have a good one!

Quick Reply: Stock 2015 Wheels/tires on my 2011 JKU Sahara