Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trac-lok button missing on friends polar edition 2014

Old 08-11-2015, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trac-lok button missing on friends polar edition 2014

My friend owns a 2014 Polar edition jeep. We were talking about lockers and such today and she told me she has trac-lok on her jeep but when we went to look for the switch we could not find it. We googled pics and even the book states it should be on the left of her steering column but nothing. Her dealer told her she has trac-lok and its listed under the specs on her sticker price. Anyone have an idea where the switch is or did they Screw her over? Help us out.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Um I don't think the Trac-Loc is the same as a locker. It's just a limited slip differential. Front and rear lockers only come on Rubicons. You got what you paid for, it's just that it's not what you think it is.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
Um I don't think the Trac-Loc is the same as a locker. It's just a limited slip differential. Front and rear lockers only come on Rubicons. You got what you paid for, it's just that it's not what you think it is.
Bingo. Nailed it
Old 08-11-2015, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's basically and automatic limited slip differential. Not a true locker like on a Rubicon Or Rubicon Hard Rock. Great for mud and snow
Old 08-11-2015, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trac Lok is limited slip no switch.

Tru Lok is the Rubicon or special edition E locker that requires a switch.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unlike a locker it's always on, no need to fuss with a switch or go into 4 lo. Much better option for many.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default how is that a better option for many ?

Originally Posted by Chitownpete
Unlike a locker it's always on, no need to fuss with a switch or go into 4 lo. Much better option for many.
your front and rears dont lock together nor turn at the same turn ratio . it is what its name is limited slip/ better option for those who who dont want to pay for a rubicon maybe.

sync. 4 wheels pulling at the same time and speed is better option for many . I guess its better than nothing though.

Last edited by jeepmojo; 08-14-2015 at 12:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Trac-lok button missing on friends polar edition 2014