Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Windshield replacement?

Old 07-26-2015, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield replacement?

I've got a cracked windshield. Does the entire windshield and frame come off? If so, I'm wondering if it would be better / easier to replace the glass with the frame / glass off the Jeep.

If you've had your windshield replaced, any issues with water leaking ?

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I recently just had my wind shield replaced by safelite. They did an excellent job and I have had no issues yet. As far as the removal goes, they just place a wire around the windshield and wind it up and off comes your windshield. Really simple actually. They warranty the factory windshield for the life of you owning the replacement that they installed too
Old 07-27-2015, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RavenZ33
I recently just had my wind shield replaced by safelite. They did an excellent job and I have had no issues yet. As far as the removal goes, they just place a wire around the windshield and wind it up and off comes your windshield. Really simple actually. They warranty the factory windshield for the life of you owning the replacement that they installed too
Thanks! I appreciate it!
Old 07-29-2015, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with your car insurance company. Some states require insurance companies to replace the windshields at no cost to the vehicle owner. Florida is one of them. My replacement a few years back was free and Safelite did the replacement in the parking lot where I worked.They did an excellent job and actually used a Mopar replacement with the little Jeep logos on it.

Quick Reply: Windshield replacement?