SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 03-28-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEIwLcw7tYE Our Jeep Punisher is coming along quite well over at MBS Automotive as they work on our Matte BMW Frozen Grey Color transformation. The jeep is Looking very nice and the bright red color is almost gone. Our goal is to build a Jeep the Navy Seal or Delta Force would be kick ass and taking names in as this build comes along make sure you follow the build on the JK forum as well as L4P and SMD forums. Were doing it big and I hope you all enjoy then Mayhem we create, This is going make the Call of Duty Jeeps look like the Ugly Step Brother in the Mudding Game!
I'm pretty sure the only place Seals and Delta would feel comfortable conducting a raid in this heap would be the Old Navy store at the mall!!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Former Vendor

What 24 inch rim would you suggest. Post it up.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What 24 inch rim would you suggest. Post it up.
i wouldn't. But if you want Forgiato, get them to make you some of the 16 or 17" off road wheels that they made for the old LandRover defender 90 at least. 24" wheels are just about the dumbest thing to ever get installed onto a 4 wheel drive vehicle. And a Jeep? What the hell. Build something that isn't gonna get you laughed at by the very people you are trying to interest in your abilities. Don't build a ethnic ghetto cruiser when that isn't even close to the demographic that is interested in off road vehicles. Or. Just say screws you white boy and build it anyways. But please don't ruin the whole thing with 24" wheels. That's retarded.

Last edited by Collyn; 03-28-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Collyn
i wouldn't. But if you want Forgiato, get them to make you some of the 16 or 17" off road wheels that they made for the old LandRover defender 90 at least. 24" wheels are just about the dumbest thing to ever get installed onto a 4 wheel drive vehicle. And a Jeep? What the hell. Build something that isn't gonna get you laughed at by the very people you are trying to interest in your abilities. Don't build a ethnic ghetto cruiser when that isn't even close to the demographic that is interested in off road vehicles. Or. Just say screws you white boy and build it anyways. But please don't ruin the whole thing with 24" wheels. That's retarded.
I don't think I've ever laughed harder!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just by choosing Forgiato wheels, you can rest assured that the Jeep will never, EVER, make it out of the parking lot. Those rims are the most ghetto PIECE OF CRAP wheels made. Period. They leak. Don't ever balance, paint flakes off, and they never ever fit. The inner barrels are always too thick to get the tire bead to seat. They just suck. And they cost too much. I know, for a fact, that they cost 235.00 each to build. And retail for $1200 ea. haha. I laugh at every one that buys a set from the shop I partner with. But, them again, it isn't about functionality. It's about gettin dose twenky tuus on dose "Forgeees" yo. This is gonna be the saddest waste of a jeep yet. Forgiato has tried to GIVE ME some of those through my shop. I respectfully decline. Every year. The worst wheel ever? Quite likely. And this poor jeep. Wow. This is gonna be attain wreck in slow motion. Can't wait to see it when it hits a pothole and shatters a rim to smithereens. Can a Genright tire carrier hold a 300lb wheel and tire?
I refrained from saying anything when I saw forgiatto on the sponsor list. I'm glad you stepped up.

Btw, im kind of disappointing that interco makes a tire for a 24" wheel
Old 03-29-2014, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This Truck is going be a beast.

Lol! You need to do more homework and not catalog browsing. Beast JK's are built with plasma cutters, welders, and junkyard parts.

Definitely not from smittybuilt and procomp catalog parts. You'll never get to beast status on stock axles and Chinese made catalog parts!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:14 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
40s on a D44 / D30 axle combo with 5:13 gears. Have you done any research on this?
That was my thought as well. 40x14 tires, D30 w/5.13's, and ...

... so if we need to flex on some rocks we will have the the ability to do so.
I hope the owner actually tries out his new beast -- and then posts the video of that axle snapping.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was wondering how long it would take for you guys to jump all over this thing. Keep up the good work boys!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Actually, look up "beast" I believe that would be the ultimate junkyard build with 16" coil overs coming out of the hood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2014, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

So much for 5 episodes.

Last edited by pjmjk; 10-16-2014 at 09:21 AM.