SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 04-04-2014, 07:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Collyn
haha. Yep. My girlfriend says the same thing about Jeeps. "Why would someone want a 4dr 4wd convertible?, I never have understood the reason people like them. They are ugly, slow, and noisy". But, I guess to each their own on the cars thing. But, drive one of these, for just a few minutes, and you will understand the allure. It's like a sport bike for fat old guys like me. But faster and sportier.
Still want some of that junk sitting in your garage. Lol
Old 04-04-2014, 09:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My real concern with this build is that it's in the "modified" section instead of "show and tell" or sponsors' "what's in our shop" section.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:42 PM
JK Freak

Why cover the Jack storage with diamond plate? I hope you pulled the Jack out first.
We're not "hating", just amazed at where money is being spent and more importantly where it isn't. Just please let the customer know that using 4wd will be risky. There is a good chance that you will break something. And you don't need 8 piston calipers to stop a jku on 40's. I assume the brakes were purchased for looks anyway.
I feel like a dick posting this, but it pisses people off to see someone either a) being ripped off, or b) wasting a shit ton of money on stupid crap. How is all that diamond plate going to sound with a 20k stereo, or on a jku with 24" wheels? I can't imagine sitting next to that thing in traffic. I'm sorry, I really am. I'm not trying to be mean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2014, 12:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can no longer ignore the spelling and grammar from this "Professional." Maybe take a community college course with some of that cash coming in from this ridiculous build?
Old 04-05-2014, 01:19 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AaronJK
Why cover the Jack storage with diamond plate? I hope you pulled the Jack out first. We're not "hating", just amazed at where money is being spent and more importantly where it isn't. Just please let the customer know that using 4wd will be risky. There is a good chance that you will break something. And you don't need 8 piston calipers to stop a jku on 40's. I assume the brakes were purchased for looks anyway. I feel like a dick posting this, but it pisses people off to see someone either a) being ripped off, or b) wasting a shit ton of money on stupid crap. How is all that diamond plate going to sound with a 20k stereo, or on a jku with 24" wheels? I can't imagine sitting next to that thing in traffic. I'm sorry, I really am. I'm not trying to be mean. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

The stereo is actually going to be quite simple in all of this and the diamond platting has 2 layers of Dynamat under it to kill vibration. We wanted to use it to add some contrast and cover up the factory sealant on the floor board to give a more finished look.

For audio we plan on doing an iPad slider and a processor for the iPad mini 2 amps 2 sets of components and 2, 8 inch subs under the back seat.

The rear diamond plate still has accession the storage compartment and is lockable as per the customers request. It will also get a dual layer of Dynamat to help quite the vibrations.

The stock jack is pointless on a 6 inch lift and 40 inch tires.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:20 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pjay37
I can no longer ignore the spelling and grammar from this "Professional." Maybe take a community college course with some of that cash coming in from this ridiculous build?
All spelling errors curtsey of my iPhone 5S
Old 04-05-2014, 01:51 AM
JK Super Freak

The word you were looking for was "courtesy" not "curtsey". I'm typing on my phone too. I guess my Nokia spells better than an iPhone 5s. Good to know!
Old 04-05-2014, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

thats my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2014, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

I've never used dynamat, does it absorb water? Most jk's leak so that could become an issue. I know socal doesn't get the rain we see up in the north east, but these things are great at holding water.
They make jack bases that lift up the factory Jack and make it useable for tire changes. I'd pull the jack out of the compartment because they can start rattling and cause some strange noises. I do like how the trunk looks and the rest of the diamond plate looks good just be careful of water issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2014, 04:45 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AaronJK
I've never used dynamat, does it absorb water? Most jk's leak so that could become an issue. I know socal doesn't get the rain we see up in the north east, but these things are great at holding water. They make jack bases that lift up the factory Jack and make it useable for tire changes. I'd pull the jack out of the compartment because they can start rattling and cause some strange noises. I do like how the trunk looks and the rest of the diamond plate looks good just be careful of water issues. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

The old brown Dynamat original has some issues big the new super lite material is a petroleum base that does not as well as the fact the the drain plugs did get removed. It will drain water fine. The OEM jack is going on eBay along with the full doors and the other OEM parts.