Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Soft Top

Old 08-03-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You need to get the door frames...

At least on the 4 door, if you do not install the black plastic door frames, there is about an inch gap between the Bikini top and the door...if you have the frames, the Bikini top has the L-shaped lip that seals imto the frame above the doors...much better than the previous ones...some posters in another thread have made items which fit between the Bikini and the door if they didn't have the frames...if you're using a bikini...I highly suggest getting the frames..
Old 08-07-2007, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
I agree that's a bit long and expensive of a drive just for a soft top, but to specifically answer your questions:

1) Soft top, side windows, rear window, rear window retainer bar, rear window retainer bar clips, front door panel guides, screws. The frame is built into the top.

2) Best way to confirm it works is to install it! Just bring your T30,40, and 50 heads with you and take that hard top off..or better yet, drive to pick it up topless! If you take the hard top off, you could install the softop to make sure it works, then take it down and put your hard top back on. The jeep ships with both tops installed, so you can definately have them both on. You just don't want to keep it that way.
I've been watching this thread... I bought a pre-owned 2dr soft top from a guy on here (THANKS!) and it arrived yesterday. I used JackMacOKC's list to verify all parts were there. (THANKS!)

I can't find a write-up with step by step installation instructions... I'm generally pretty good with guess and error, but if I could save some time ... if someone can point me in the right direction I'd be (THANKFUL!) else, I'll be winging it.

Last edited by oZmonKey; 08-07-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been watching this thread... I bought a pre-owned 2dr soft top from a guy on here (THANKS!) and it arrived yesterday. I used JackMacOKC's list to verify all parts were there. (THANKS!)

Which shipper did you use? and will you tell me how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ozmokey,

Will you tell me which shipper you used and how much was the shipping if don't mind?

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by katsumotology

Which shipper did you use? and will you tell me how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
PM sent.......
Old 08-07-2007, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by oZmonKey
PM sent.......
Thanks for PM
Old 08-18-2007, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

crappity crappity crap. i inventoried my stuff wrong. i'm missing the thumbscrews that attach the soft top frame to the roll bars.

there's also some fancy screw missing from one of the knuckles that attaches the frame to the gizmo that mounts to the roll bars.

$28 for screws per my parts dept. Still not bad for the overall package price, but frustrating as my hard top is off now and I can't securely attach the soft one untill tuesday night at the earliest.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default My parts are missing, too

crappity crappity crap. i inventoried my stuff wrong. i'm missing the thumbscrews that attach the soft top frame to the roll bars.

there's also some fancy screw missing from one of the knuckles that attaches the frame to the gizmo that mounts to the roll bars.

$28 for screws per my parts dept. Still not bad for the overall package price, but frustrating as my hard top is off now and I can't securely attach the soft one untill tuesday night at the earliest.
I took my hard top off also to install the soft top that I bought from an E-bay seller. I am missing pieces of metal called "pivot brackets" that attach soft top bows and the roll bar. The guy that I bought is going to bring the car to his dealer and figure it out, but I might just buy the parts from a local dealer, too.

I still got a good deal, but the experience is frustrating and I will be very careful to buy stuff like this on e-bay.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by katsumotology
I took my hard top off also to install the soft top that I bought from an E-bay seller. I am missing pieces of metal called "pivot brackets" that attach soft top bows and the roll bar. The guy that I bought is going to bring the car to his dealer and figure it out, but I might just buy the parts from a local dealer, too.

I still got a good deal, but the experience is frustrating and I will be very careful to buy stuff like this on e-bay.
Once you get your brackets, you need the screws that go with them.
They didn't fit the pre-drilled holes in my roll bars, but a power drill rammed them home (as advised by my parts department)
Old 08-25-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Love riding without top!

Once you get your brackets, you need the screws that go with them.
They didn't fit the pre-drilled holes in my roll bars, but a power drill rammed them home (as advised by my parts department)
I got the parts and screws. Screws were tight fit, but they worked and got the job done. It's fun to drive top down. It's really nice. It's hard to fold the top down. I mean it's hard to fold down the top neat. I know it supposed to be folded like an accordion. Anyone know any good thread with pix?

Quick Reply: Soft Top