Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Amicalola/Anderson Creek Trails - 12/16/07

Old 12-17-2007, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amicalola/Anderson Creek Trails - 12/16/07

Tony (tgrt), Mike (mdlott) and I (and wife/kids/dog) went to Amicalola/Anderson Creek Trails yesterday. It was cold and windy (for around here) but lots of fun. I took a couple of pictures before my batteries died. Tony and Mike have some also and will hopefully post later.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I think you take much better pictures than I do. I really like the overhead ones. At any rate, we had a good time. This was my first time on 28-3. The first time I came through with WestGaParrotHead we took Nimblewill Gap Rd. to the back of the state park. It was fun too, but no where as near interesting.

You can click on my pictures to get a larger view and after the few selected ones I have a link to all of my pictures from Amicalola (this run and the one I did in October).

All of the photos from Amicalola
Old 12-17-2007, 07:45 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Great pics guys!!! The terrain back there is so different from what we have out here in SoCal, it's really nice to see. Thanks for sharing
Old 12-17-2007, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Looks like you guys had a good time. 28-3 is a bumpy bumpy road. Did you guys come out on old bucktown road or turn around and come back out the other way?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MAROONJEEP
28-3 is a bumpy bumpy road. Did you guys come out on old bucktown road or turn around and come back out the other way?
You are not kidding!! I thought it would never end.

We went down the bumpy road. I think we came out on Old Bucktown road to Roy road (I could be wrong, I am sure Tony knows). We started off on one side of the park and came out on the other.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Former Vendor

Looks like you guys had a good time. 28-3 is a bumpy bumpy road. Did you guys come out on old bucktown road or turn around and come back out the other way?
I loved it. I enjoyed driving over every rock I could get my tires on. The washouts were really fun too.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Great pics guys!!! The terrain back there is so different from what we have out here in SoCal, it's really nice to see. Thanks for sharing
Thank you. Sorry we didn't get enough pictures of the rocks. I have to make a concerted effort to stop to do that one of these times.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

I bet it was a little more challenging since weve been having more rain lately. I went through about a month ago and it was pretty dry. It was still fun to drive through the washouts with the swaybars disconnected and flex a little.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife

I think ANY terrain other than the freeways I've been travelling on lately are GREAT!! Nice Pics!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor

I bet it was a little more challenging since weve been having more rain lately. I went through about a month ago and it was pretty dry. It was still fun to drive through the washouts with the swaybars disconnected and flex a little.
Not really. It's a sandy dirt there rather than the Georgia red clay that you get on most other trails. That stuff gets slippery! Ask REDR0CKJK and cjsdad from yesterday about that.

Quick Reply: Amicalola/Anderson Creek Trails - 12/16/07